Not a bug Phantom ore bodies

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Steve K., Apr 21, 2020.

1. Steve K.

Steve K. Lieutenant

Mode: ( Survival)
    Mode: (Singleplayer)

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: (731793)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global )

Summary: (Ore deposits are not available)

Started a new SP game with A12. Followed the R. Protocol. Repaired the Hovervessel. Used that HV to explore maybe a quarter of planet. Found several ore deposits. Went back to temp base area and approached an ore body to begin mining. Ore body shows on HUD radar screen, Ore body shows on map (M key), however when approached the ore body does NOT appear visually and cannot be found. Have attempted with three different types of ore, all not found visually, but do show on map and HUD.

2. Natasha Owens

Natasha Owens Ensign

I have also experienced this bug.

Only effected 1 deposit (gold). others I have been successfully mining

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I have just found the same thing, all three ore bodies near the crash site. They show up fine from a distance (on the detector), but disappear as soon as you get close enough to mine them. I found one by drone drilling with the map open, so I knew I was in roughly the right spot; it was time-consuming but it proved the ore was there.

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

You have to continuously ping the detector over and over. It has a time limit on how long it displays the deposit name.
    I'm assuming that is the issue here? If so it's intentional.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. scapino

scapino Ensign

Also, manually mark it on your map when you are near it or after pinging (in yellow), so it stays in sight when drilling.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I have a similar problem. But I guess it's just a detector or HUD problem.
    I have all the visible dots with their respective names on everything, that's fine, but the moment I get on the HV and go back down, all the indicators on the HUD disappear. It only detects mineral if I am sitting in the HV otherwise it can't! Then it is almost impossible to find ore blindly. The mineral itself is there but it is very difficult to locate the exact place if it is a small lump. Not to mention if it is prometium!

Tengo un problema parecido. Pero supongo que solo es problema del detector o del HUD.
    Tengo todos los puntos visibles con sus respectivos nombres sobre cada cosa, eso esta bien, pero en el momento que subo al HV y vuelvo a bajar, todos los indicadores en el HUD desaparecen. Solo detecta mineral si estoy sentado en el HV de lo contrario no se puede! Entonces es casi imposible encontrar mineral a ciegas. El mineral sí está allí pero es muy dificil ubicar el lugar exacto si es un pequeño bulto. Ni hablar si es prometium!

7. sparood1

sparood1 Ensign

Same for me. I can see the deposits on the map but once I start mining there's nothing to be found.

I started an Single Player game in v12 two days ago and so far I've only been able to actualy find ores in less then 50% of the instances where the game told me a deposit could be found.

8. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I was under the impression that you have "proximity detector" so you don't need to ping when you're right on top of a deposit. In any case, the bug is that the HUD marker disappears as soon as you get near enough to a deposit; doesn't matter how recently you scanned.

9. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    If you use the detector it will show <Resource> on the HUD & a icon on the minimap/map for you to go & investigate.
    When you are within 300m of the <Resource> & use the detector again to "Discover" the deposit it will then permanently appear on the HUD, minimap & map.

This is also noted in the Robinson protocol:
    The Map offers you details about the planet's resources, deposits and Points of Interest (POIs), as well as other important information.Equip the Detectoron your toolbar and perform scans with LMB periodically, to reveal POIs and deposits within the Detector range. Moving the on the scanned object within detection range (~300m for the handheld Detector) will reveal more info.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

It's not permanent though within 300m and I think that's the issue. It always disappears once the time limit runs out on the scanner and you have to keep scanning over and over.
    See the video below. I start already within 300m of the resource. I scan and it disappears after the time limit. I scan again at around 36 meters and it once again disappears after the time limit. If it's supposed to be permanent as you say then it's bugged.

I thought this was intentional but what you just said makes me think it's bugged. It does this with more than just deposits too.

11. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I was wrong about the HUD "Discovered" deposits will only stay on the mini map & planet map permanently at least currently.

For now you will have to place a manual marker on it for it to appear on the HUD all the time (atleast when you toggle it to be on via the registry).

A better solution for this will be approached.

Germanicus and cmguardia like this.