Fixed Space drone destroyed model can come back "Alive" [7436]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Doran, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Doran

Doran Ensign

A number of players n our server have given anecdotal accounts of Pirate ships attacking with seemingly magical god like powers.

My own experience....Warped into a playfield with a rudimentary CV...a Pirate drone was on me within a minute. Destroyed said CV...had no shield. I died and spawned alswhere in a safe spot in orbit ( team mates CV). I spawned a new ship...loaded it with fuel an dPentx and a little ammo. Warped to another playfield in same galaxy.

another pirate drone came upon me shortly thereafter ( they dont seem to show up on the map) my guns killed it. ...it kept circling me on fire. I left and went to an asteroid. still seeing the drone on fire circling me.

I finished the asteroid and went to another ...on the way there two more drones follwed me close behind and were shooting me....I could see the pink shield hits on my ship...but my Shield always registerd at 100%...suddenly components stared exploding and damage appearing.....shield still at 100%...then it was gutted and they proceeded to chew me up....the one on fire still appearing to attack me....even getting stuck in my hull at one point. I died and logged off.

2. Doran

Doran Ensign

also.....I never saw my guns actually rotate and fire...the drone just suddenly burst into flames at some point....other teammates have noted the same behavior in their encounters

3. Johnny Jay Appleseed

Johnny Jay Appleseed Ensign

I have also had this issue. I have had to rescue a number of players that have been attacked by these drones. I have also been attacked by these drones.

In my encounter the Drone Models showed the Damaged and burning state but the drone was active and attacking me. My CV turrets did not react to the drone at all.. I have to leave my ship and shoot the Drone down by hand. Despite the Damaged appearance the drone took damage when i shot it.

Players have reported that the drones also "respawn" after 30 seconds.

When i inspected the drone the model was flickering in and out every second.

Another Major problem with these drones is that as soon as they spawn they generate COQ errors for some players and make it impossible for them to defend themselves against these drones.

4. Väinämöinen

Väinämöinen Ensign

I had this happen yesterday as well.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Pach, Jaxyl and Germanicus like this.
  6. Jaxyl

Jaxyl Ensign

Here's a video of what it's doing. You can see that my turrets aren't shooting at it. Initially it fired on me and you could see the laser fire come from the drone. My turrets still didn't fire back, and at some point it "blew up" and continued to move and attack. You can see that after it caught on fire, it continued to fire even though the weapon shot effect wasn't visible by the occasional hit on my shields.

Pach likes this.
  7. Jaxyl

Jaxyl Ensign

Here's another clip as I was trying to get away from it where you can see it's hits on my shields.

Pach likes this.
  8. Jaxyl

Jaxyl Ensign

As far as steps to reproduce, it's happening in any playfield that has the new Kriel, Polaris, and Trader drones. You just have to fly through the space that causes them to spawn. We have gone through the Yamls and disabled them in the dynamics playfield Yamls for now by hashing out any entries that had the new drones fully, but it had no effect on playfields that had already been visited / generated. The above videos are from a PF that I had visited previously. The video was recorded after the yamls had been reworked.

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Broken Eden
    SEED-ID: UNKNOWN (Can get if needed)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Project Eden Scenario and see above for our possible temp fix.

Reproducibility: Every time
    Severity:Extreme

Type: New Drones bugged.

Summary: See above posts

Description: See above posts

Steps to Reproduce: Enter spawn locations for new drones and get attacked by them.

9. Johnny Jay Appleseed

Johnny Jay Appleseed Ensign

Engagement with a glitched drone

10. Pantera

• Developer
    I have been around Pirate & kriel drones & no such issue appears.
    Is there away to reproduce this away from the live server ?

Pach likes this.
  11. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok I found a way to trigger this "Zombie" drone (starting before the drone ends up in this state) this will be checked out asap.

Pach likes this.
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix is currently being worked on for this.

Pach likes this.
  13. Chickenthief

Chickenthief Ensign

I have the following problem: While doing a space fight with Zirax ships I am fighting the Drones the ships spawned. No Problem usually but the destroyed drones are still fighting like zombies. Additionally a destroyed enemy ship just despawns, without me having a chance to loot.

14. Pantera

• Developer
    Please retest in Build 3042 on the experimental branch.

Pach and Germanicus like this.