Fixed Planets sometimes fail to render [7371]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Vergas, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Vergas

Vergas Ensign

Mode: Survival,
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Private single player

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No - vanilla start

Reproducibility: Hap;pened after a few hours of playthrough
    Severity: Minor - because there are work around's. Planet waypoint appears on hud, just aim for waypoint until you hit atmosphere.

Type: System space play-field

Summary: Planet fails to render on solar system map and from ship & 3rd person view.

Description: Worked fine after first jump to a neighbor system, After the second jump in an SV, the planet failed to render while flying, and was also missing in the map - system view. Render only, info is good, and was able to land after aiming for hud waypoint.

Steps to Reproduce: Take several jumps to neighbor systems, landing on each planet and moon. Since this was from first day of playing alpha 12, I cannot confirm yet if it is reproducible. I did restart from desk top, and they came back. If it does reproduce I'll return here with more info.

Save Game: fyi - the planets have reappeared after restarting.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11BKoqPonlLmV4bqzxydFdbxIX1mph2te/view?usp=sharing

2. PopeKael

PopeKael Ensign

This has been seen in the Eleon Experimental online server by me and my teammate on various occasions. It is random and cannot be forced to reproduce. Logging out of the game and logging back in has been our only method to resolve the issue. We will try the waypoint test next time it happens.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    So far I cannot reproduce this but have seen it randomly happen 1 time.
    If anyone finds a reliable way to trigger this please leave the steps in this thread thanks!

4. space_egg

space_egg Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 717870

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: NO

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Planets missing from Sectors

Summary: (1-liner = can be the same as the thread headline)
    No planets visible in any sector in space and from planet.

Description: (short description: 1-2 sentences)
    After going to moon orbiting starting planet, i died and accidentally pressed re-spawn to nearest station or clone chamber which was in orbit around starting planet's trading station. After that no planets/moons are visible in Space. Some SQL errors pop.

Steps to Reproduce: (steps to reproduce the issue. This is ESSENTIAL for a bug-fix!)
    1. Discover trading station around starting planet
    2. Go to Starter Moon
    3. Die near crashed Titan
    4. Choose option re-spawn to nearest clone/station (no home base, do not re-spawn locally).
    5. Try to find any planet.

Note: Quest for collecting 3 different codes was active, but i dont think this is the cause.

Screenshots, Crash Logs provided bellow

Attached Files:

5. space_egg

space_egg Ensign

Here is the save-game.

6. space_egg

space_egg Ensign

Note 2: Going to planet "blindly" will actually bring player to targeted planet, but some terrain issues will occur on planet surface.

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Unfortunately this issue appears to be sporadic I cannot trigger it reliably.
    How often is it happen for you or it this the only time ?

Germanicus likes this.
  8. space_egg

space_egg Ensign

Did it once. Maybe the combination of quest, moon and death made it trigger.

9. basingleton

basingleton Commander

@Pantera Taelyn told me this report was over here since I mentioned it in discord.. I'm going to just copy/paste what I wrote in discord, and then attach my applicable log file.. it happened about 5 minutes before I exited out (you'll see from the text):

"I'd also like to say that in my SP game, my starting planet just disappeared, I mean the WHOLE PLANET.. it's not visible or on the map... I exited the game for "real-life" for a while, and hopefully my planet is back when it reloads.

Yes, upon reloading my SP game, the planet is back..

This is the first time in all of the history of the game that I've seen a planet disappear, so I have no way to reproduce it. I left orbit in an SV, I looked at the map and it said there was copper but I still never saw a copper asteroid, so I used command "map" to find it, I marked it as 'show in hud', and headed toward it.. I was confused when I re-entered orbit somehow.. I left orbit again and headed toward the copper but it said the planet was very close.. I hit the "alt" key to look around it it was gone.. I went to map and it was gone.. note: I never used the "map hide" command, so that's not part of the equation.

I think this log entry might be the culprit when I left the planet "Algor" and it didn't seem to load... "25-16:04:06.818 12_04 -LOG- PDAChapActiv: World not loaded yet - please check if NearPoi and NearUnit operate as expected" . I am going to upload my whole Log File to the bug report, maybe it will help.. the only thing I did after I noticed from Space that the planet was 'gone' was go ahead and fly to the copper asteroid, stop, and exit SP game, so the last 100 or so lines might hold some answers."

Attached Files:

10. Pantera

• Developer
    We now have a use case for this I'll update when the fix is ready.

11. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix for this is now available in B2936.
    Please report here if it reappears.