PLZ Retest and Re-Report Vessels can get repositioned wehn deep underground [7111]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by ExPLiCiT, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ExPLiCiT

ExPLiCiT Ensign

When you are on the planet core using a hovercraft it it clips the surface of the core at all it will respawning you on the surface of the planet.

I assume this is due to a barrier that is intended to respawn you on surface if you fall through the terrain and I think if you could lower this barrier a few meters more below the planet core it would correct this issue.

3. ExPLiCiT

ExPLiCiT Ensign

Yeah it must have returned if it was fixed.

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you supply the save game with the HV left close to the entrance to the dug out area leading down to the bedrock ?
    I have revisited the previous use case which was caused by the HV docking pads touching the bedrock but when retrying in different locations so far the HV is not being repositioned like it previously was for me.

Also when making a bug report thread please use the template to answer some of the questions we will have to ask you when you don't include such info for a issue that may not reproduce or reproduce easily.

A blank template can be found here click on the spoiler to expand it:

Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

5. Pantera

• Developer
    An edge case of this issue was found but if anyone has a reliable way to trigger this anywhere underground constantly or reliably please attach a save game with the HV left in the underground location next to where this can happen.
    Thanks!

6. Zylla

Zylla Ensign

My ship hanger is below ground with 2 egress points, 1 to ground for HV's and a large opening for CV's and SV's. About a week ago ships started being randomly teleported directly up onto the surface when I was flying them. It's not so much of an issue when leaving the cave but is problematic when trying to expand the cave system or moving around to land.

7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

8. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you please leave your character in the cockpit of a vessel & leave the vessel in a location where the repositioning can happen ?
    Go to:
    For SP or Co-op:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

For MP:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it

byo13, Germanicus and Pach like this.
  9. byo13

byo13 Captain

Mode: Survival
    Single Player (Vanilla 1.1 3065)

SEED-ID:
    Game=NewGame_1-200815-0249, mode=windowCollection, global seed=749893
    Playfield 'Dagdacilue'=19362

Reproducibility: Not always. It seems to happen more in lava planets.
    Severity: Low/Annoying
    Type: Position of entities in game

Summary:
    SV realocated to the surface

Description:
    Miner SV is teleported to a few meters above surface while mining inside a planet. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
    When it happens there is a message in the log:
    "-WRN- Entity 'Keelback' with id=19487 on pos=(28938.3, 23.2, -9222.6) is out of the playfield (1), reposition it to (28938.3, 63.8, -9222.6)"

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Enter a large planet or lava planet with a miner SV;
    2. Mine a large deposit until you get somewhat deep inside the planet;
    3. Sometimes ship gets realocated to a few meters above the surface (log message is shown),

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Savegame here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/96nlsaodb49q5us/NewGame_1-200815-1556.zip?dl=0

Addition Info:
    I know it's a different bug and I will report it separately but ore deposits never gets 0% in that planet. If you play the savegame you'll see that. Weird because this one bug never happened before to me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020