Fixed Plants can stop growing [6182]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Ian Einman, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Version: 9.5
    Mode: Survival
    Seed: 55555
    Start: Temperate, Advanced Start

In this seed you start in a base called "Old Farm".

I extended this base in the following ways:
    • Dug downward to make a bunker under it
    • Added solar panels to the sides of the existing one
    • Added a few more outdoor grow plots, similar to the existing ones
    The grow plots work outside, because the grow light keeps the temperature regulated. (They die too easily if the grow lights are off, despite the fact the plants were all gathered from outside near the base, but that's a different issue.)

I grew several cycles of vegetables, berries, fruits, and coffee. All was well.

At some point, I ran the base out of batteries. (It used only solar panels.) I was trying to construct stuff and in the early morning the lights were flickering on and off since I was exceeding the output of the solar panels.

Anyway, the plants didn't die but it seemed like they stopped growing, basically forever. Even though the lights were back on, and stayed on, the plants never grew again.

At some point the plants died. I think this may have been due to radiated fog, if that can kill them, because that's the last weather before they died. Anyway, I removed the dead plants and planted new ones. But they never grew again. Again, I may have flickered the lights or ran out the battery once, I'm not sure. But there were several day/night cycles where I lost no power, and the plants still did not grow.

It seems the plants can get "stuck" somehow. Perhaps to work around this, you can add some check that if they haven't grown at all in X hours, to "reset" them.

I don't know what determines whether plants grow or not but if there was a console command where you could check the status of a plant, or move it to the next phase, it would help us to try to diagnose these issues.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Single player ?

Can you attach the save game with your character left standing infront of the plants ?

The next growing stage can be seen in the overlay that appears when you type 'di' (without ' ' ) into the console & aim at a plant (Only works in SP).

3. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

I ripped the sprouts out already but will replant them tonight. I'll follow up when I dupe it again. I suspect it will be easy to dupe this bug with this savegame, I already replanted once and got the bug again.

4. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

I have a savegame but it is about 13MB zipped and it says I can't upload that size of file. Are there parts of it that aren't needed? Most of it seems to be the playfield for the planet that has the base with the problem, so I don't think I can get rid of it.

I turned on the debuginfo and what is happening is that when the event triggers, it does not go to the next stage. I've attached two images demonstrating this. The one that says 10s to next event is first, the other one follows it, as you can see from the time to sunrise.

Attached Files:

5. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you use a file hosting site such as dropbox, google drive, media fire etc to upload it & send me a share link ?

6. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

7. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Please let me know when you confirmed the bug as I'd like to nuke the file.

Another piece of data is that the problem is specific to this base, I built a base in space and planted sprouts and they grew, no problem. But this base no longer grows plants. (It used to, but after the plants died, replanting new plants did not work.)

8. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks I have the save game now.

9. Buuuh

Buuuh Commander

Radioactive fog will kill your plants if they are outside.

I reported a similar bug for version 8.x about a year ago. Back then i had a similar bug in a single player game. After my plants died in outside farm (i assume that was caused by temperature to low), i could not get any plants to grow in these growing plots again. They either didn't grow anymore and died sooner or later.

Two days ago we had the same issue on our server with 9.5.0. This time it was an indoor farm. Plants died first because we had an power outtake. After that we could not get any plant growing again, they die soon after planting (about 10-20 realtime minutes later). The farm room is airthight, has oxygen supply, is well temperated (25°), plant lights are in the same place as before and are powered. We replaced the growing plots but it still didn't work.
    Only change was we added a generator to the room to prevent further power shortages. Next to the generator there is radiation which will kill plants i assume. But even further away from the reactor where i get no display of radiation nothing grows anymore.

10. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Yes, the plants were killed by radioactive fog. After they died, no future plants would grow into the grow plots.

I thought it might have to do with the flickering power issue, but if you saw this after a radioactive fog death as well, then that's probably the real bug here.

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in A10 EXP. Please Try it out