Filed / Tracking Player sometimes "drags their feet" when jetpacking in space [8300]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Garaman, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 1.7 3626 (Experimental)
    Mode: Creative / Survival
    Mode: Single Player / Multi Player

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Player Camera / Jetpack

Summary: When jetpacking in space, in some cases running the player's feet into a surface will slow forward motion down similar to the speed drop when crouched

Description:
    If you jetpack in a gravity well and your feet slide along the floor you will slow down noticeably. This does not occur on walls an ceilings. If there is no gravity then you will slow down when your feet drag along any surface. This appears to be similar behavior and may be related to another issue I filed earlier: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...n-space-results-in-view-jittering-8286.99106/

Steps to Reproduce
    :
    1) Load the attached EPB in space.
    2) Turn on your jetpack and fly through the hallway. Aim slightly down until your feet hit the floor surface. You will notice the forward motion slow down. Lifting off the surface will restore your original speed.
    3) Repeat step 2 on the side and roof surfaces. No slowdown should occur.
    4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the gravity switched off. You should notice the slowdown against all surfaces.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

The video below shows me executing these steps. Note that I am not crouching into the surface, I am simply flying into it and sliding against it.

Attached Files: