Player stuff capable Auto-trader

Discussion in 'Role-playing' started by ZMacZ Furreh, Mar 1, 2020.

?

Would you want this "auto trader"(yes/no/maybe)

1. YUP !

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nah..

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dunno..

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ZMacZ Furreh

ZMacZ Furreh Ensign

Beforehand I want to say that regular NPC traders already exist, and knowing this,
    there's still one feature missing.
    When people have setteld into a server, and they wanna make some extra cash,
    they can sell their stuff to other players, or at least they oughta be able to.
    So, the "auto trader" is an NPC that works for a player,
    where you can drop stuff at your space station, which is then sold by the "auto trader".
    People pay ingame cash from their bank to the NPC "auto trader"'s owner, and get the goods.
    That way, people who have a lot can sell to the ones that have little.
    restocking of the "auto trader" would be dumping the stock you wish to sell into a single container.
    Attach the autotrader toa box, will make the stuff therein for sale.

Plain and simple.

Now how does that work in role-playing ?
    Simple, you are a trader, and all you like to do is mine stuff and make stuff for other people to buy..

The regular NPC vendor are nice, but still, if people are able to mine stuff and make stuff,
    they oughta be able to offer it to other players.
    Whether or not they wanna buy stuff is another topic onto itself.

I had my mind set on a extra planetary gasstation, but due to game limitation,
    after actually builing the station, I could not place an "auto trader", which I thought were supposed
    to be the vendors, but nope. Sad.

Having the ability to auto-offer stuff for sale to others is a must for this game.

I'd sell foodstuffs including rations which need no fridge), energy cells (promethium/fusion) and oxygen,
    all generated on station, with the exception of the water, which I should pick up in bulk from the planet.

Also, one more thing, if people want to sell stuff to me, and I can use it, the auto-trader should be
    enabled to allow for the selling of stuff to me, if and when I make an offer.
    (like buying water, paying for it towards their bankaccounts, so they can then buy promethium from me or such.)

Also, a matter generator would be nice.
    Direct conversion from energy to any ype of matter, although the energy req's should be enormous.
    (like 1000 energy for 1 ore or water or something like that, maybe even 1000 energy and crushed rock,
    or with the absence of crushed rock even, 2000 energy)
    But that's something else entirely.

I'm sure people building in orbit can appreciate this feature.
    (specially with all the abundant solar energy giving the option to build a matter generator in orbit,
    for whatever 3 items you really need but can't get -> Project Eden high radiation planet with no resources.)
    (this would also allow for water generation in orbit)

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's at least one trade console on every trade station that allows you to sell stuff to other players more or less exactly like you described.

3. ZMacZ Furreh

ZMacZ Furreh Ensign

Is that the same way like that you can own a station, allow people on board, and they can buy or (optionally) sell
    stuff from and to you ?