Playing with v10.5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hron, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

1. Hron

Hron Ensign

Is it possible to buy game on steam and play it with v10.5 instead of v11 ?

I did buy the game few days ago, but got pissed as hell when on "low" settings on my 4y old Alienware R2 with 45-60fps, from nowhere got drops to 1-5fps for 4-5sec and then back up to range of 40+. Just by standing or walking around. So mad as I was (realy wanted to play the game, love space engineers etc) I reimbursed the money back.

But it was not letting me sleep. I can run Space Engineer and other similiar games without a problem on my hardware. So to check things out downloaded v10.5 from torrents. And it works fine.

So therefore my question: can I run 10.5 from steam? don't want to blow my money on something I'm not able to play, and don't want to look like an idiot to buy a game for second time and get money back again xD

2. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Yes it is. Under properties/betas you can choose to play Alpha 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 :)
    And when Eleon sticks to the actual CPU System you probably won't be the only one playing Alpha 10 :p

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

No, 10.x is not available yet, and this was acknowledged by the developer recently.

You can play 11 and disable some of the last features it you don't feel like toiling around with these.

At what resolution do you play, to be forced on "low" settings ?

4. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

Yes it is. play 10.5. It wasn't going to be provided then I guess there was enough interest they put it up.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  5. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

For me, it was the new 'drag in space' mechanic; I could turn off CPU, I couldn't turn off virtual drag. If I want to play a game with underwater movement mechanics, I'll play something like Subnautica. If I play an outer space game, I expect an experience as close to space as possible to engineer.

6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

How come it's not available on my version ? Do I have to opt-out of experimental to have it appear in my "beta" list ?

Edit : forget it. Silly me. It's the first one, before the oldest version... :rolleyes:

Why was I expecting it to be at the end, why why why...

sillyrobot likes this.
  7. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

Alphabetic sorting of numbers is always silly.

8. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

Never felt the need to go backwards, but good to know this is an option for regressives ;-)