[PLEASE REPORT] Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DeftDel

DeftDel Ensign

1. Game stuck on loading screen infinitely on start every time I attempt to start the game.

2. I deinstalled and reinstalled on my main SSD and my secondary 1TB HDD about 3 times. No change. Did a clean install of my graphics drivers, then reinstalled, restarted desktop. No Change. Started it in forced Direct 9 per the instructions above, no change. Tried starting through the Empyrion.exe. No Change.

3c. DXDIAG file (attached)

3d. SAVE LOGS (attached)

Two logs are attached. One is the normal log, the other is the forced Direct 9 log per the instructions.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR DEDICATED HELP!
    Please save me. I almost played NMS today out of desperation!

Attached Files:

2. foxmilder

foxmilder Ensign

my game keeps freezing on me after a few seconds been doing this for 2 weeks now and still had no1 give any help.
    ive uninstalled and reinstalled several times tried all other sugestions as well and still game freezes on me after a few seconds of play game just stops and I get a game not responding quit or wait for it to respond tried both shuts down game after a few seconds.
    dxdiag sent with this trying to find the client log atm

Attached Files:

3. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

All the good times or not. Here is a story, I really like games like Space Engineers and Empyrion, in each of them spent 2000 hours. Empyrion with the release of 6 versions with changes was glad that added interest to the game, here's the problem that the 6 version for me ended on the first two versions, subsequent edits and alterations for me are NOT available, just COME NOT to play and wait for fixes. Problem One and so I understand the procedure for entering the EAC into the executable file of the game. Tell or say please there will be when this DISEASE is solved somehow, I do not test such problems NOT in one game from stim or what or the program on a computer. I do not plan to reinstall Windows, but I also want to play NORMALLY on my favorite server, I basically do not use cheats, but when anti-cheat prevents the start of the game it upsets that the game can not do QUALITATIVE to run. I apologize if I offended, but Please solve the problem that the game is worth living

Attached Files:

4. ASTIC

ASTIC Ensign

Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    on a dedicated server

Attached Files:

5. TheDeadlyShoe

TheDeadlyShoe Captain

just posting to say, was suffering terrible continue or quit problem, before i realized i had the localization file open in excel which was causing Empyrion to choke when loading. :confused:

CW7 likes this.
  6. Myxim

Myxim Ensign

Same here

Attached Files:

7. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

New update and as usual does NOT work, not Launcher, not EAC. With the main game is launched and works stably without crashes and crashes

Attached Files:

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Did you try to force "Run as admin" ?

freellancer likes this.
  9. Affamole

Affamole Ensign

Hi there, Empyrion will lock up my pc, at a random length of time, short length of time is less than 1 min, longest amount of game time 40 mins.
    I have tried a clean install and the force directx 9 with no change in the games behaviour.
    My pc specs are;
    AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor 4.7GHz
    32gb System ram
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Sapphire 290X 8gb vram
    Sound Blaster ZX

So far I've only played single play, I have experience the occasional start up crashes which are minor and expected on windows 10, but I constantly get 1d. Gamefreeze. This problem completely locks up my pc, forcing me to reach for the system reset button every time.

Attached is my DxDiag and 3 client log files, hopefully you guys can figure out a fix soon.

Attached Files:

10. Ara1983

Ara1983 Ensign

Mode: Survival SP, Creative SP
    Location: Mostly space, sometimes planet (Akua, Omicron, Akua orbit, Omicron orbit)

SERVER NAME: no
    SEED-ID: any seed

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: default playfields

Reproducibility: Always(in space), Sometimes on planets
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Game crash (empyrion.exe is not responding, send report... and so on)

Description: Game crashes in space every time when i do actions like this: swich view 1-st/3-rd person, entering/exiting SV CV, exiting drone, entering space stations. Also crash on planet when i`m capturing POI.

Steps to Reproduce: see description

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: logs&save on g-drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6K8zSjA5RpSZzJ1VkZleGZWb2c

11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

I play on a relatively "minimal" laptop and never experience freezes, crashes or serious lag. The game used to take forever to load (in 5.5) and I noticed the music "fade-in" was struggling to get to full volume. Once I managed to get in game I shut down the music and never raised volume back since then. This may seem trivial but I suggest this because I really don't see why systems twice as powerful as mine have so much trouble with this game. I can play at "custom" video settings but I prefer to play on "fast" to avoid reaching limits too often. I also start the game with " -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd" switches, to avoid mouse lag. I also disable Steam overlay, "big picture", no streaming, etc.

12. QIX

QIX Ensign

I can never get the game to update correctly through Steam, always get corrupt update files. Nothing goes into the steamapss\common\empyrion -galactic survival directory, have to play out of the steamapps\downloading\383120 directory using the EACLauncher. am in the process of trying to update thru Steam again to get new update, will see what happens.

13. Nowun

Nowun Ensign

Single player
    survival
    6.50 1170

Issue: Infinite load after select "new game". Hitting esc accesses upper left icons for exit, options, etc.

dxdiag file attached

log file attached -- NOTE!! Upload of the raw file is not allowed with your web protocol. Error message "extension not allowed." So I CHANGED the file extension to .txt so that it can be uploaded.

Attached Files:

14. Nowun

Nowun Ensign

Possible solution to infinite loading screen.

On a hunch I looked at the sectors data. I had three custom planets at the end of the file. All three were duplicated, one only partially. It appears as though the update process tried to include or copy custom planets and somehow duplicated and scrambled the entries. Perhaps the system hanged when it got to a duplicate playfield entry?

EDIT: I should add that when I deleted the duplicate custom playfields and the one garbled playfield -- leaving just one copy of my three custom planets -- loading and play were fine.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. Kyoojin

Kyoojin Ensign

Hello,

I’m having an issue with my entire system doing a complete reboot. Guess the closest is a 1c issue.

This issue seems to occur as I am entering my CV in space. I have been able to reproduce the error regularly and seem to happen at the same point each time. When it happens my PC just powers off and turns back on about a second later. Attached is my dxdiag and log files. I am leaving my character at that location for any troubleshooting suggestions. It’s also a private server I run if that info is needed.

Thank you

Attached Files:

16. donwells8

donwells8 Ensign

Issue 1a, stuck on infinite loading loop. Menu screen never appears. Game music never starts up.
    Tried 2b, no difference.
    Using Alpha Experimental 6.5.3. Problem began with most recent update. Problem occurs every time, game is unplayable.
    DxDiag and Log files attached.

Attached Files:

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

Copy your entire game folder to somewhere else and start game by clicking directly the Empyrion.exe from there. Make sure the Steam client is open. I had the same problem, they are looking into it, but this is the workaround I found. Works with Steam online & offline.

Here, the same issue is discussed :
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-6-5-x.12331/page-4#post-148352

Needleship likes this.
  18. donwells8

donwells8 Ensign

Confirming that this workaround worked for me. Thanks, Kassonnade, and I hope this provides the team some useful information.

Kassonnade likes this.
  19. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

At least you will always have this as a backup if any future patch messes the game again.

20. Kyoojin

Kyoojin Ensign

Found the issue. Turns out my power supply is having problems with certain games. Its wierd but I can play other games with no issues but turns out empyrion and dungeon defenders 2 causes issues. Borrowed a power supply and have had no further problems.