Fixed POIs/Resources not added to registry from scanner in MP [7396]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by jazzmanferg, Jun 17, 2020.

1. jazzmanferg

jazzmanferg Ensign

Mode: Survival (default multiplayer)
    Mode: Dedicated Server (ping perfect)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Instances

Summary:
    POIs and Resources discovered by the scanner do not get added to the registry in multiplayer. They are on the map as discovered but after relog they disappear and need to be rediscovered.

Description:
    When scanning you get close to a POI or Resource and scan it again (<150 meters) to 'discover it'. The discovery is not added in the registry UNLESS you discover it by sitting right on top of it (<50). If you discover by proximity than it gets added but pointed scanner discovery do not add.

Steps to Reproduce:
    On multiplayer fly to <150 meters of unkown and point at unkown and ping it again. The discovery message appears and it shows up on map, but nothing is added to registry. Fly (or walk) to a different unkown and instead of pinging it get right on top of it (<50 meters) and wait for discovery message without using scanner. This time the entry will be added to registry. Log off and log back on. The scanned poi will no longer be visible on the map or the registry but the one discovered by standing on it will be.

I tested this on single player and the behavior is different. In all instances scanned and proximity discoveries are added to the registry. Also to note the MP server I am testing this on has pings in the 100-150ms range (I mention in case there is a latency issue)

EDIT: I tested on other low ping servers (<30ms) and its hit or miss weather or not they get added to registry.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Each deposit or POI I "Discover" is maintained in the registry after a relog.

3. jazzmanferg

jazzmanferg Ensign

4. jazzmanferg

jazzmanferg Ensign

Further Testing shows that this does not happen with the hand scanner. Only the scanner for vehicles.

5. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks alot this will be looked into asap.

Pach likes this.
  6. jazzmanferg

jazzmanferg Ensign

I wonder if has something to do with how the game interprets 'WHO' discovered the POI. I notice on foot either by scanner or proximity the message says "${PLAYER_NAME} disovered ${POI_NAME}" But when in a vehicle and using the scanner the game sends a message "${VEHICLE_NAME} discovered ${POI_NAME}" and since the vehicle did the discovery nothing is added to the player's registry.

7. Pantera

• Developer
    The issue with the vessel detector is the vessel discovers the POI/Resource not the player in the next release we will have a fix for this.

Pach likes this.
  8. I've also noticed that when the vessel is the one to discover the POI that the player doesn't get any experience at all from the discovery.
    Hopefully that gets fixed as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
    Pach likes this.
  9. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix is now in the public branch for this please update to B2955
    2020-06-23 Hotfix Alpha 12.1 (Build 2955)

Fixes:
    - Discovered deposits are not maintained after relog when they are discovered by vessel detectors
    - Server no longer writes gameoptions.yaml file in savegame