Fixed Polaris teleporter is claiming territory [7496]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Fisch050, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

I'm not sure if this a bug or a feature. If more information is desired, I can post it.

I n Alpha 12, the dead Polaris teleporter did not create/claim any Polaris territory. All the starter resources were fully usable and mineable.

I started a new survival game in v1.0. It was a swamp planet. I landed next to the Polaris teleporter, but now for some reason the teleporter is claiming a large territory for Polaris. None of the starter resources are mineable (unless we want to have Polaris hate us).

This feels like a bug in the startup of a new game, but if it's a new "feature," it's an unwelcome one.

Please let me know if you need/want more information.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I just tried in the most recent version and the Teleporter did not create any territorial sphere. Are you playing the default scenario, the Tutorial or some other?

20200810101658_1.jpg

3. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

It's a standard default survival game. Settings are medium, except for retaining toolbar items on death and factory blueprints spawn instantly.I played as a coop game with one other person.
    Seed: 81528 20200810204637_1.jpg

monktk likes this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Ah - got it. COOP was the info that was leading to the issue. ;)

monktk and Fisch050 like this.
  5. basingleton

basingleton Commander

@Hummel-o-War this is still a big issue.. I just started using Co-Op mode. So since the broken teleporter claims the areas as Polaris, when you try to access the 3 starter deposits (iron, copper, silicon).. by the time you finish mining them out, you are unfriendly or hostile with Polaris, and it's almost impossible to recover from that.

Any fix on the horizon? Some noob just got into an argument with me that this is not a bug.. but yes, it is a bug for Co-op. Tried to tell him that you put the starter deposits there for immediate access, not AFTER completing the teleporter mission. Here's the statement from the change logs indicating they are there for new players:

Taelyn 05/27/2020: "Added back Iron/Copper/Silicon ore deposits around Tutorial 'Large Wreckage' site to reduce search-frustration at game start (for new players)."

Ending hated by Polaris from the start is what I would call "frustrating" to new players :)

byo13 and Germanicus like this.
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in v1.2