Possible to turn off blue 'ship HUD'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treeshell, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Treeshell

Treeshell Lieutenant

I'm sure I saw in a spanj-vid when it first came that it was possible to turn this feature off. I find it distracting and disturbing of the view of the beautiful planets. Also get slight motion sickness :p I'm talking about the blue lines you get telling you various numbers. Could anyone help me out with the console command?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member Community Representative

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You can hide it with F6 tempoary as you can hide any UI elements

Other then that, No you cant disable it

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Treeshell

Treeshell Lieutenant

Ok thanks for the answer, then I don't have to dig any more. Though it would be nice to be able to turn it off to get back to that much cleaner view :)

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Treeshell, that's called a heads up display, and it's a real thing for fighter pilots. It gives them real time information as to what their plane is doing without them having to look at the instruments.
    It gives you the angle of attack for your ship, and also tells you the speed on the right, and the meters above the deck, (or ground), and meters to orbit on the left.
    Since our planes are nerfed for speed, it's useless.

On a real jet fighter, it's not so pronounced, and I think a nice addition to EGS would be the ability to fade it a bit more, or in your case, turn it off.

Kalizaar and Germanicus like this.
  5. Treeshell

Treeshell Lieutenant

Yeh I figured it was some kind of flyboy-Top Gun-jet omg I'm a fighter pilot thingy. I just prefered the old clean look where you could admire the landscape. I'm not so fussed about realism and looking at numbers. I get to orbit when the land disappears, my speed is whatever it is and I get to my destination as fast as my ship goes. The angle of my ship and how high up I am is perfectly obvious by looking at...the ground :D
    But it's a really cool feature for those who like it - I see that, and I'm probably in the minority getting dizzy and distracted by useless blue lines.

Gary Parkin likes this.
  6. Treeshell

Treeshell Lieutenant

One idea could be to have in in first person flight mode and turned off when you hit V and go into 3rd person view where you see your ship, not the inside cockpit.

Gary Parkin likes this.