Pre-Alpha 5.4.2: Patch and Alpha Progress Report #2

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Dear Survivalists!

We have just uploaded a small patch that addresses the PvE ramming exploit. We also added a new cylindrical block for you to toy around with until the Alpha gets released end of this month.

Yes, that's right: Empyrion Galactic Survival Alpha version will be released around end of March/early April!

Changelog Pre-Alpha 5.4.2:

Changes / Improvements:
    - Anti-Griefing measure: no collision damage for ramming with vessels on PvE playfields
    - Added new block shape: Cylinder

Bug Fixes:
    - Possible fix for error that occurred sometimes in relation to energy calculation and that could render a playfield unplayable until reboot / restart of playfield
    - Fixed problem with round blocks (gap between block and round windows)
    - Fixed damage stage of block shape: Hull Corner Long B

The new cylindrical blocks:
    [​IMG]

Alpha Progress Report:

We have been a bit quiet lately but this is for a good reason because we are fully focused on the upcoming Alpha release.

Until now, you could choose from up to 6 colors. With the Alpha version, your builds will be getting more colorful than ever before: The first iteration of the new color tool will let you choose from a range of no less than 31 colors! Enough colors for some serious paint jobs.

[​IMG]

Sticking to the topic of variety, we would also like to present you two new sets of planetary decorations. Are you ready for a roundtrip? Let's revisit Masperon and Ningues!

Masperon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ningues:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

....and finally some new additions to Omicron: Large rocks
    [​IMG]

Build your new base in the jungle on Akua:
    [​IMG]

We'll reveal more details and upcoming features in the coming weeks, as we are getting closer to the release date.

Empyrion Dev Team

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Pics of environments are nice, some actual feature expose's would be nicer. That being said, great work guys!

stimdealer0001 likes this.
  3. Aro PL

Aro PL Ensign

I already can not wait for this update, the game looks very nice. I waiting on better Optimization and DirectX 12 support oh and Polish game version of course :D. But it may in the future.

4. KINGTUT777

KINGTUT777 Ensign

Most excellent efforts Dev team...going by the sceenshots you supplied. it's looking like there are more variety in
    your tree selection, a most welcome move....On a humorous note...
    I can always tell when an update is happening my gameplay does crazy things, but then it settles down
    and is a joy to use again...lol...
    All good fortunes to you.....

5. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Also: CYAN PAINT! Wooo!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. rogier

rogier Lieutenant

that looks awesome.....great job guys....can't wait to see the alpha release...but please gives us some words on the server usage of that alpha your testing.. are you guys gonna tome down memory usage ?..streamline?...are we getting some new tools for the server??... could you guys please trow us a bone here??..:)

Tyrax Lightning and Shpiler like this.
  7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
  8. switchkill88

switchkill88 Ensign

Can't wait can't wait can't waaaiiiit :D you guys are amazing!

9. Jerry Fletcher

Really, you guys from
    Eleon Game Studios
    are the last ones that didn´t disappoint me with that alpha/early access survival genre.
    I had to vote down almost all of my "survival"-early access demos on Steam, i bought 15 of them, some of them before more than 2 years.
    The only real progress i can see is in Empyrion, where, when bugs should be implemented, those bugs get fixed asap, where content is added, graphics become better, etc.
    We don´t have to wait lightyears for updates, the Devs communicate and listen to the playerbase . They don´t ban people for constructive critizm from their forums, don´t listen only to the fanboys that talk like the devs want to hear it, like some early access devs do("greetz" to TFP from 7 Days to Die, as one, the best example for that behaviour).

It really is the last survival-genre early access that is becoming a game and not staying a demo, and that faster than all the other "survival"-ea´s.
    I guess thats the evidence that the customers are fooled by all the other early access "survival-game" devs, that need years just to implement more bugs that won´t get fixed, take out content and/or went into a complete other direction with the game. And then get pissed when customers report bugs and gamebreakers, in early access stage, while bug reporting is the reason for alphas/betas and all that(beside making money to develope the game at all).

So you guys from Eleon Game Studios, stay like that!!!
    Btw, can´t wait for that update with the new planetary decorations!!!

10. Brethraeus

Brethraeus Lieutenant

I know you're working a lot on the alpha release, but at some point it would be nice to have it where you can go inside your base on planets without oxygen and take off your helmet or space stations. as long as you have like a double door way system so as to not leak oxygen out. that would be nice. oh and the ability to build bases underwater. without water being in the base itself.

BoomPanda and Runeshadow like this.
  11. Brethraeus

Brethraeus Lieutenant

i totally agree 100% with you. lots of fanboys claim that they are copying off of space engineers, but that couldnt be further from the truth. Empyrion far out-classes space engineers by 70 years at the bare minimum. They are also the ONLY game designers i have ever seen who show the player a ROAD MAP, of what they plan on implementing in the next 6 months to a year. You can't get that anywhere else. I can see this company getting up there with the other great game companies just because they listen to the real people who matter.

12. Shpiler

Shpiler Lieutenant

I hope you'll dedicate the remaining time to fix all bug we've reported before. Turrets behaviour, craft stability (no more parts of the ship I'm fighting with, suddenly appeared on my nose), surface stability, overall server stability... How many new bugs the trees will bring? Please, spend a couple of weeks for testing, just try to play as we do (in pultiplayer of course). Who needs those decorations, when game don't let to do something more significant, than growing a tomato?

Yes, i know this is (pre)Alpha, but now bugs became too critical.
    Anyway you are the fastest dev team i've ever seen before.

13. Brethraeus

Brethraeus Lieutenant

??? I run the game on its intended graphics and I dont have an issue with it what so ever. I see little to no issue with the game overall. yea there are a few glitches here and there, but they aren't major. Lag isnt something that is the game's fault. some people are hosting multiplayer servers on computers that they own and they arent strong enough to even hold the real server so the game becomes choppy. My brother and i play on a private server he host and the game "NEVER" ever lags for us. its just a case of hardware at that point. >.> adding trees wont be an issue with most of us. itll only be an issue for those who have junk for computers.

Tyrax Lightning and Jokerace like this.
  14. Shpiler

Shpiler Lieutenant

Even with game running on the strongest PC, hosting DS on industrial server with terabytes of RAM you can meet playfield failure, loose your ship, stuck under the ship, got turrets non firing etc.

Just visit server with more than 10 players online and play for a while. Looks like population on server has direct correlation with glitches frequency.

15. Ramor

Ramor Lieutenant

This is all gorgeous!!!

16. KINGTUT777

KINGTUT777 Ensign

A suggestion folks.....Is it possible for the game to use the color tool as a spray tool...with thickness lines.
    For instance...to spray across multipul blocks and then border it with a black outline...
    this way also, one could write names on the CV,Base,SV,HV..?

17. Navonil Mukherjee

@EleonGameStudios Keep going guys.. you guys are awesome...

One thing..Maspreon is an alien planet and the trees are looking too much earth like.. those tree work good in Akua (temperate biome) with last blogs screenshot of jungle in Temperate 2.. but I want more alien looking plants in alien planets...(like alien plasma ZR1 type of plants)
    e.g http://img14.deviantart.net/8865/i/2008/068/a/1/plants_and_fungus_by_projecthybrid.jpg (not my creation)

I would love to know but I want to be surprised too so maybe 1 feature exposure...

PhiPhi and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

I feel another SP/MP restart coming. Sorta thinking with so many restarts. Ores should be free. :cool:

19. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Give the devs a little time to generate some funds to get a feature pack from the unity store.

20. Navonil Mukherjee

that's just a suggestion.. I didn't told them to implement them right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.