Problem with Sector no Planets (self-created scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by VanZan, May 22, 2019.

1. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my self created scenario that I have created with the Emp Empyrion Playfield Generator in version 8 and although the game downloads the sector map not just a sun is seen in the game nothing else no planets. There is then an internal error has occurred - message + send email suggestion. I also compared the Sector.yaml with an original untouched one, they also look completely different in spelling and I'm at a loss as to how I fix it. It 's an augmented Akua Omicron scenario that I created for my own small private server, so I do not know if I can upload it in the workshop to make it accessible for help, because the tip has already been given to me ,

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You need to update your scenario to work in Alpha 9+ by adding the faction tags to all of your playfield POI entries, otherwise it probably won't load or all of the POIs will be inactive (set to faction None by default).

Probably best if you upload it to the workshop and post a link here so people can see the actual scenario.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

4. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Why does my self-written Sceanario go down with every update of the game? Now it has all, so really all the planets, self-made as well as the starter to medium size debited. Does anyone know advice, I'm starting to wonder what else to do :( Do you have to update your scenario somewhere, if so how do you do that? * Desperate *

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sorry I missed that you had posted your scenario. I'll try to take a look this weekend.

To keep your scenario updated, you just have to keep an eye on all the update notes and look for things they changed that you need to update.

Alpha 8 > 9: you need to add faction tags to all your POIs on planets and space.

Alpha 9 > 10: you need to update your starter equipment, personal lockers, and custom traders if any of them use refined pentaxid, warp tanks, or the old t1 mechanical hand drill. The internal names for pentaxid and warp tanks changed and the mechanical hand drill is no longer used.

Needleship likes this.
  6. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

As I said new problem I have now is that all planets have only medium size instead of in alpha 9 big, it does not change even if I change in the debug yaml the planet size from 4 to 5 upload it at gportal and dan, only mini planet, the file in the workshop is obsolete because I had rewritten the Sectors Yaml

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The debug files aren't used. You can ignore them.

You need to change the planet sizes either in the playfield.yaml, or in the playfield_static.yaml. depends if your scenario is a static one (uses playfield.yaml and a fixed sectors file) or a random scenario (uses playfield_static and playfield_dynamic and a solarsystemconfig file to randomly generate a solar system).