Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Where might I find this?

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Half in the middle of nowhere? What did you think?:p;)

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I had one in my my last game
    but did not make it there ... for... A10.5 public reasons:rolleyes:

4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Okay, so this:

20190918140554_1.jpg

Is not a lava planet...

Wow is this cool:

20190918141059_1.jpg

I love this look:

20190918142635_1.jpg
    20190918142645_1.jpg

And a dried up ocean floor!

20190918142747_1.jpg

This also reminds me of pitch black... I am afraid... also, kudos for all your music usage. This planets track is the same as the lost colony on the snow dwarf and is intensely atmospheric.

----------------

So is this the black desert planet? Or do I still have to search.

Bollen, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Go on searching the Planet IS as its name says;):D

6. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I wonder.... does anyone have any rocks I could borrow? I am not sure I have enough:

20190918143417_1.jpg

:p

These salt flats are saweet!

20190918143458_1.jpg
    Mysterious artifacts and everything!

Ooh, and I bet this:

20190918143655_1.jpg
    is gonna be real friendly...

Bollen, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Inner solar system. Guaranteed at least 1. Has a custom faction POI set called VOID and can have a special large old POI that was submitted on the forums long ago.

There was a group of aliens who saw the dangers the original infection in Eden presented. They sealed themselves off on an inhospitable planet to work on a cure.
    They never completed a cure but did find a way to hold on to their sanity and slow or stop the transformation of those already infected.
    Some believe they were involved in the creation of the rogue drones in a desperate effort to wipe out all other biological life in Eden to stop the spread of the infection, but these beliefs are controversial.
    Regardless of their origins, VOID now serves as a dangerous foe to any foolish enough to visit their home planet.
    (Once I get the story, solar system, and planets fleshed out more I'm going to go back and add LCD screens to many POIs to help show the various stories in an immersing way. But for now most random POIs don't have any.)

Fractalite likes this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's a custom POI somebody spent a huge amount of time making. I haven't actuality done it yet because I wanted it to be a surprise for me. :D
    It's the POI version of https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736469886&searchtext=black+pyramid

If you do it let me know how it is!

The black desert will have a planet type of black desert. Trust me you won't mistake it once you find it. :D

Bollen and Fractalite like this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Here is the one in MY "Project Eden"-Game
    To strive, to seek, to find_2019-09-18_21-01-04.png

Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  10. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

I got involved with “this”...

[​IMG]

Not sure how this is gonna play out lol.... o_O

Fractalite, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

I just discovered this Scenario - I know a bit late to the party - and love it, Currently doing the start where you begin in the Cryo Facility.

I'm doing ok, I've looted stuff, reclaimed some bits and have taken over a POI (HAVOC Rescue Module) as my own. I've added several extra Solar Panels but nothing appears to be working - is solar output on this planet simply too low to work? I note that while my Current Output is 16PU - not much but less than the base is using - average output shows as -16PU.

I'd have expected 16PU to be enough to power the doors (shields, auto open) and make the interior habitable, but it doesn't appear to be working.

I'm not aware of any current problems with Solar Capacitors, but perhaps I'm missing something?

Loving the brutality of this game start, but a little confused that things aren't working quite as I'd expect, as I should have a more fully functional base by now, but this is stumping me. Any tips welcome.

Oh, slow levelling is a git, I'm not even Level 3 yet!

Edit: I think a couple of base devices were draining a little more than I thought. However, I double-checked power and the batteries should charge during the day. Heh, perhaps I scuppered myself sticking around for too long lol.

Scoob.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The high atmospheric density plus the terrible weather means solar doesn't work. The negative solar output is actually a game bug though, I'd just remove any solar panels and use biofuel. :D

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Heh, yeah, I guessed it might be being particularly mean to me...who made this thing? ;)

I did effectively screw up a bit early game, as I was doubling up on the Solar, building some, scrounging some thinking it'd at least be able to give me a warm, rad-free place to camp out. Sadly that was indeed wasted and I built a Small Generator and Fuel Tank. So, I have a viable base now but I've hugely run out of materials due to my wasteful early-game.

Oh, what I found particularly mean was when I started drilling down and didn't find any crushed stone. That actually made mean laugh, well played! I wonder if the entire planet is like this?

Time to explore...

Scoob.

Germanicus, Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Oh Scoob... do enjoy. It's a great start. Next try the Snow dwarf. :)

Just remember to keep going! Your food is a hard limit as there is no way to get any more either one planet or on the moon. :) I was going to post a question about this start for you Ravien but since Scoob has likely not seen this part yet I will hold off(not even spoilers.)

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, I'm quite liking it. I have a basic HV now alongside a very basic starter base. Plus I've just found the "Junkyard" POI and looted some goodies... just had a rare crash though, so will see how much progress I've lost, hopefully not too much.

I did try "Snow Dwarf" initially, I like snow, but thought something had broken when I was freezing already after the Pod crash. I now suspect this was working as intended - perhaps there are hot springs like the Snow Planet starts of old? Really liked those!

I have some ratio packs I found in reserve, I've already eaten everything else (that's not roleplay, that's me in real life lol) so was on the lookout for any plants...I guess I'll not find any then. If I get lucky with just a single food Sprout, then I'm good.

Edit: Oh dear, ALL of my saves - including the backups - appear to be corrupted! Something about "Dynax (*MISSING!)". Question: do I need to be online to load a save? I had to be online before the scenario showed up, then I went offline and all was fine.

Edit 2: Yes, I need to be online for it to work....who knew. Is this normal for Scenarios? I've set up my own in the past and I've run them offline just fine, it was a while ago though.

Scoob.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yeah the snow starter is really cold but it has hot springs like the old Sienna planet. That's what I based it on. :D

Sorry to hear about your crashes! It's possible you do need to be online to play them, I'm not sure why that would be the case though.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you want a workaround to play offline, try copying the scenario from your workshop folder into your content/scenarios folder and then using THAT local copy to play instead of the workshop copy.

SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/383120/1742662471

Copy that whole 1742662471 folder into your main Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Content/Scenarios folder and then rename it to something like "Project Eden Local" or whatever you want. Then start a new game using THAT scenario and it should be just fine online or offline.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, didn't they change how Workshop stuff worked a little while back? I recall Space Engineers broke overnight if you used mods a while back. So, it was a Steam change and not an SE one I guess. Good to know copying works for Empyrion though.

Note: it's just when I initially launch the Scenario or load a save that I have to be online, I can drop offline once in-game.

As my gaming PC is just a gaming PC, I tend to only go online as needed.

Scoob.

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think I perhaps should have gone SV first rather than HV... I've deliberately not read anything on this scenario so I'm going in blind lol.

I get the impression there's going to be NO resources - other than surface rocks - and no plants other than mushrooms and simulant. Basically, I'll need to scavenge for everything. I've not built a weapon yet, not threats of that nature so far, so I'll wait until I see something.

I selected the slow levelling option for this game, assuming there'd be plenty of stuff to shoot for food and experience....did I mention I went in blind? Lol.

Off to do some more exploring....a little worried about my lack of food. I have ample materials now, but I'm level-locked for anything I might want and few ways to gain experience naturally other than plant pinking spam. Is this Scenario perhaps designed to be played with the tech tree disabled? It appear that resources are the natural progression killer here, no need for the tech tree on top of that.

Scoob.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Choosing the Dead starting planet with slow progression is going to be tough. You can always change the difficulty settings for your save game in the resume save game screen and raise that to normal so you're not so level locked.

Cutting down trees with a HV will also give you 50xp I think, plus get you wood to turn into fiber and biofuel. Breaking rocks with the survival tool or a drill also gets you xp.

Starting a farm is a good way to get some xp too once you get it going, and if you grow fiber plants it can be almost self sufficient if not completely.