Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I think I have said it before, but let me say it again - I love that you use the SSOR deposits for ore. Paired with the newer faster mining speeds it greatly accelerates acquisition.

Lately I have been playing with these settings:

20190919175923_1.jpg (granted I have always played with Rich and Plenty for resources.)

and if I can find 4 medium or 2 large and 2 medium iron deposits I can get enough Ore to really build stuff. Or spawn a better CV than just minimalist. I still hate staring at rock walls without a progression system as elegant as minecraft so I sometimes edit the .ecf file and turn the T2 drill in a planet carving monstrosity. :D

Regradless, it is still nice, thank you.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I concur. Only, at least on starter Planets, the SSOR should be Voxel. Just think about those who are LOVE to use M/V! ;)
    SSOR can fill their inventory and the overflow drops down and is LOST.:eek: While Voxel can be taken in small doses.:p
    But honestly...PLAY with M/V ON! :D

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Hit a f******** GOLDMINE o_O:D:D:D (3 lowest boxes)

To strive, to seek, to find_2019-09-21_08-13-42.png

Bollen, ravien_ff and elmo like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Oh my...it took me 2 hours RL gaming time to find those:cool: To strive, to seek, to find_2019-09-21_09-21-25.png

ravien_ff and elmo like this.
  5. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I'm can play ONLY with M/V on, and with time pass set on 1 (in SP) - it is a different game 100% :D

Here on Dead Planet I was driving my 'Junker' with 4 full cargo crates of loot and then I found crashed SV on the bottom of giant black crater - went for it just to place my core for later salvage, and then it took me like 15 minutes of repackaging & balancing loot and HV and driving around trying to get out of that black hole :cool:

Must complain about Dead Planet... @ravien_ff put some special effects and level up extreme weather a little bit (more lightnings, winds, storms, hail, radiation fog, etc.) so that searching for loot can be more challenging. I didn't find medium or heavy armor but I did found Radiation boost so that is not a 'problem' anymore (and I did survive like 4 or 5 radiation burns with found medecine, before I remembered that every bed can be made into a shower :D)

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'm really liking how the dead planet start I selected has no Drones, no hostile Critters and no Zirax, yet is still proving to be one of the more challenging survival experiences I've had. Good stuff. Just getting to that point where you have a viable shelter, so no rads and O2 to breathe, feels like a huge achievement, as does becoming more mobile with an HV. Hell, even crafting my first motorbike was a big advantage at that early-game stage.

Currently, I'm at the "comfortable" stage in the game. I've shelter and a decent enough HV. I've some extra food, though not much, in the Fridge and several ration packs if things get desperate. Excursions can still result in radiation burns if I'm not careful, but I never let it progress that far, thanks to finding some medical equipment. I have a shower to reduce rads when I come back from trips away, so I'm pretty sorted.

My only limiting factor currently is my level as I simply cannot unlock much. I did manage to find a small BA Constructor, which was a huge boon. I've also got locations marked with other useful items I'll go and retrieve when my HV can actually carry them. I made it stronger to lift more and still move well, however, due to my level, I'm stuck with normal cargo boxes which are just too small for the items I've found. I'll return once I unlock the cargo controls blocks.

Technically I could venture into space very soon. I've salvaged enough parts for an SV, even though I've unlocked nothing due to my low level. However, I'd like to establish myself a little better first. When playing easy mode - aka anything not this scenario lol - I usually limit myself to having to build a CV to leave the planet, which adds an extra level of salvaging requirement. I suspect I might struggle to achieve that particular goal this time lol.

Got to say, I'm really loving this scenario so far. It's something I can see Eleon making part of the game for hard core players. Note: I've only properly tried the dead planet start, so I don't know anything about the other starts, other than Snow Dwarf. I did start that one by mistake when I intended to do the dead planet one I'm on now. It looks really good though as I like Snow, and being dropped, effectively naked without a suit, on a snowy planet appeals to me.

Scoob.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad you're enjoying it so far! Thank you for the kind words. Good luck getting off that planet! :D

Germanicus likes this.
  8. cpontin

cpontin Commander

The Lost Colony is pure evil.

Good work.

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Why would I need luck? I can already leave the planet. I choose to stick around cos it's fun :D

Scoob.

[BB]Drifter and ravien_ff like this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just had a bit of a close call...

I'd picked up a Radiation Burn, no biggie, and was on my way back to my base with plenty of time to spare - timer had just ticked down to four minutes and I was under a minute from base where I could heal it. However, with four minutes still showing on the timer, and Radiation Burn being the only effect, my health started to drop. Then, moments later, I suddenly had Radiation Sickness, Intoxication and Open Wound all at once. My stamina plummeted, as did my health, dropping faster now, and my Food level of course.

I made it back to base, I really was rather close by then, swapped some medical devices around and cured my condition. Still a tense moment and likely the closest to death I've been this game. I think perhaps something went wrong - core game issue, not this Scenario - in that a status progressed prematurely. I mean, why have a countdown if it can occur when there's still plenty of time left?

No long-term affects other than burning through some food prematurely. I'm actually now able to grow berries, so I can feed myself if need be. Just thought I'd share :)

Scoob.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hah sounds intense. :D

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It was a little... funny thing is, I had ample meds on me to deal with the Radiation Burn, I just chose not to use them as I had plenty of time to get back to base and heal for free lol.

I got confused....post edited lol.

I'm still struggling with my levelling. Salvaging activities don't yield and XP...perhaps looting really should, but that's a main-game topic...or can you as a modder decide what grants XP?

FYI: I get zero experience from picking crops at my farm. I have 18 plots growing a couple of useful items, yet none yield XP...unless it's just below the display threshold, that might be it.

Scoob.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The yield of XP for picking plants was drastically reduced a while ago. Now you get just a few points if any:rolleyes:.

@Scoob I suggest you put a core in a POI, set it to PUBLIC and start to salvage it with the Multitool. This should give you XP for each Block/device . I use this with any Junkyard I find. So I get XP AND all the Loot. I started ..3 Days ago and I am now Level 16.

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's good advice, but I'm trying not to cheese things too much. I was hesitant to start a farm, but I forgot about the XP nerf, so I'm good with it now, plus I genuinely need what it provides. If I get too frustrated I'll heed your good advice, but want to try it without first.

I do dimly recall that the act of building stuff used to give fairly decent XP once upon a time. I recall levelling up quite rapidly just from building, though that's not the case now. Will see how I get on doing things my way :)

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I actually just set my HV up for harvesting trees. Got my stocks of wood up nicely now, so BioFuel shouldn't be a problem for a while. Plus I get 50XP per tree chopped, so that's not too bad :)

On a related note, I'm sorted for food now - have been for a while - but it's quite comical. I found an Akua Berry sprout, now I have nine of them growing. They only provide 15 food, but one harvest is enough to more than fill me up from empty. However, and this is the funny bit, I have to eat while on the toilet as every few bites makes me a little unwell. Still, it's keeping me fed so rations and other found foodstuffs are for if I need them on excursions...berries are best eaten only at home...and in private lol.

Scoob.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The building XP I receive only when I lay down large flat surfaces OR at least a row of 10-12 Blocks at once

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, I think building XP gain changed ages ago now. It used to be that placing any block would get you XP and doing larger builds would see you level up several times. Now, much of the time, I just get nothing, even when placing lots of blocks at once..

I've actually ventured into space now. I'd found enough parts to build most of a SV, I just needed to build some additional thrusters and a few other bits. It's not like my usual SV in that I made it so I can stand inside and send the Drone out. It's a bit tight - I've not done a build like this in ages - so I need so get into a bit of an awkward position to be able to deploy the Drone, but it works.

Went into space Asteroid hunting - game really needs some functionality around this - spotted a Silicon one, mined some, spotted a Promethium one which was already taken by Pol - did they kill my planet? Found another station run by Pol, some sort of processing facility, encountered a hostile Zirax POI - they they kill my planet? - which started firing at me before its name resolved. Finally did find a Promethium asteroid so mined that a bit - with the Survival Tool, urgh lol.

After that, I debated heading back to base, but chose to head to the moon instead. I left my Base with over 10 hrs of power, everything off that could be, so I'm good for an extended excursion. Last event last night was finding part of a crashed CV, so today's plan is to do some salvaging. Oh, it's funny how the surface of the MOON is more hospitable than the planet.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I like the challenge of the Dead Planet very much as it pokes you to do all from scratch. That's why I have now the 5th HV created -Survival 5 - and a rather mediocre SV...which you can call a derivation from @ravien_ff 's COMET...only a bit more advanced;).

Trying to cultivate more food...
    To strive, to seek, to find_2019-09-22_12-56-36.png
    ...for a longer stay in Space while searching for the Ship Graveyard and its "inhabitants";)

ravien_ff likes this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Scoob I am not sure about it but could it be possible that you running on HARD settings? And that Hard restricts the amount of XP you get?
    When I pick Plants from my Grow Plots I get 25XP for picking one Plant.

ravien_ff likes this.
  20. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

i plan to do a lets play some day on this map but getting Z and E is crazy on this map, you need to go to the outer planets to fine E and inner planets to find Z thats not to my taste but you make the best planets in the entire community so i do wish to play this still!

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.