Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

While you were typing those posts I was back in game and made it to the room with the lights on the walls....there are 6 plates in the oposite wall that will drop when the lights are lit I supose. So far I miss 3 from the 8 lights. I need to search more lol.

Oh and I love the very hidden stashes on the secret cracks on the walls. I usually have 2 jet pack boosters anyway so jumping is easy. :p

My congratulations to the designer....Best POI I ever saw, not for casual visits though.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you! It was a ton of fun to make. :D

Good luck getting through it! Remember, secrets could be anywhere. :D

Wellingtoon likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Question for everyone:
    I've been working on a "very easy" beginner starting planet with a custom tutorial. The planet has no base attacks and a safe zone around the crash site with a basic tutorial to guide players through their first moments in the game. Meant for new or returning players.

Should I add it to the scenario?

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Might be a good Idea. Not every one like to start on a Dead Planet, even if it is REAL Peaceful there:D;)

5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Definetely...

StyleBBQ likes this.
  6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Sure :)

If you do can I suggest that you have a dedicated section of the Tut cover "Salvaging"? Things like the MultiTool, how to find Prom at the bottom of lakes, or radiated zones for MT powerpacks.

Just a guess but a new player running into only being able to Salavge blocks they made, off of their own HV/SV is likely a high frustration event.

Could maybe do some fun stuff like rickety, but solid, old fencing, with Spiders &/or Mini-Raptors inside; so they could get a glimpse of what's to come...

What am I saying? I'll bet you'll have a nice cozy base for them to sleep in, but walk over that one block and get dropped down into a glass walled zoo with -all- the baddies trying to tear their face off! :eek: :D

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yup will do!

StyleBBQ likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I asked that before...Is there REALLY no way to remove or temporally disable not-longer-of-any-use fruits and Vegetables in the game?
    I searched almost 50 Buildings and found about 10 to have deco Fridges but what do I find? 99% this Crap that you can't cultivate or make plants from it - frustrating as Hell!:mad: With one Veggie out of 10 items found....:rolleyes:
    Sky Fall_2019-11-09_06-07-25.png

StyleBBQ likes this.
  9. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

Yeah I think you should add it. I agree with @Germanicus that the dead planet is very peaceful but not necessarily for a beginner.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

and I think the Dead Planet should hence forth be always known as "Germanicus Prime!"

I mean I'm pretty much expecting to see him crusing around there when I spawn in ya know? :D:p:D

[BB]Drifter and Wellingtoon like this.
  11. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I want Tropical type planet as a starter :D. By the way congratulations to the desinger. I felt like I was in Avatar forest...or Pirates of the Caribbean...Might miss the gold though.:p

ravien_ff likes this.
  12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I could make the new beginner planet tropical. :D

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Okay the Beginner planet will be added in the next update. It's like the regular Temperate starting planet, except the crash site is safe for about 1500 meters from predators, there are no base attacks, no wandering drones (still drones above POIs), and some of the natural resources in the starting area were increased.

It still has all the normal Zirax POIs and such and you still crash land with just basic equipment.

The custom PDA tutorial takes a long time to make, so for now I have a basic WIP one that starts but it might not be the best. I eventually want to add multiple tutorials covering all kinds of stuff but that is such a huge time sink that I will have to hold off on that until both the game and my scenario are more well developed.

14. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

just a thought Ravien, but as a stop-gap maybe create a companion thread just for the tuts, and reserve the first few posts for additions like Hummel does?

Could use it as a scratch pad & for feedback, plus could put the link into the tut so players would know exactly where to go...

ravien_ff likes this.
  15. Monroe

Monroe Commander

@ravien_ff Man, you're gonnna have a good time re-vamping the sectors.yaml for multiple solar systems, heh. Have you seen that this morning? The first iteration of multiple solar systems is in the default Akua Omicron scenario on the Experimental Branch. The Eden sectors.yaml is a beast.

ravien_ff likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Have to wait for it to be added to the random generator. But yeah that will be fun. :D

Monroe likes this.
  17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

i wish you the best on this my friend, by far the best scenario on the workshop!

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

New teaser video for a orbital playfield I'm adding next update:

The Tactician[ Λ ] and Myrmidon like this.
  19. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

So will the mod be ready for the 11.0 release? No rush but I’ve already been asked by my regulars... o_O

ravien_ff likes this.
  20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yep of course! :D

[BB]Drifter and Wellingtoon like this.