PVE base attacks (Zirax) not showing up on detector pings

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by zanderosion, Jan 28, 2022.

1. zanderosion

zanderosion Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.7.2 3647
    Mode: SP
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Private game
    SEED-ID: random

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Mild

Type: UI

Summary: During base attacks using detectors will not show the enemies which are attacking. Namely their dropships / drones.

Description: To show it, I've saved and copied my game (cannot currently upload as too large) while an attack is taking place. There is an enemy drone above the base that is a patrolling unit separate from the base attack and this unit DOES show up on detector pings. However the incoming attack units do not the indicator should appear inside the green circle on the screenshot. The screenshot also shows that there are definitely 2 enemies in the area and if a manual waypoint is placed on the attack units they are clearly within the detector range.

I've confirmed this on multiple worlds and bases. Have not confirmed if the problem is only from the handheld detector or all detector types.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load save
    2) Use detector
    3) Look up

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Screenshot only, tried uploading savegame but files too large. Would appreciate advice on uploading.

2. zanderosion

zanderosion Ensign