CURRENTLY not reproducible Quest (distillery) Task (approach station) has no marker

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by ZeroThinking, Jun 23, 2020.

1. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

I'm trying to do one of the Polaris quest, after talking to the NPC in the trading post it told me to 'approach station' but there is no marker on my map.

Quest Category: Polaris
    Quest: distillery
    Quest Task: approach station

Console 'stats' output (in screenshot below):
    upload_2020-6-23_16-3-42.png

Also I did try quit to main menu and reopened world and this did not fix the issue.

Thanks, let me know if you need more info.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Are you on the planet still? The station is in space!

Pach likes this.
  3. Mirosya

Mirosya Lieutenant

+1 On stage "Distillery: approach station" have no marker on map and when i approach to TOP Distillery (found in space manualy)- quest stage does not work. After set checkbox on "approach station" quest works further.

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    please go to consoel > type in "stats" and attach a sceenshot of the infos popping up. Thx!

PS: I am currently not able to reproduce the issue. I do get the marker at any time.

5. Mirosya

Mirosya Lieutenant

ok

Attached Files:

6. Mirosya

Mirosya Lieutenant

When the quest generates a target marker, then when flying between playfields (for example, takeoff from a planet or landing on it), the quest marker disappears. Accordingly, in addition to this, the next step of the quest breaks down - even if you yourself found the desired object, then approaching it does not count as the completed stage of the quest (approach station, find object, etc).

7. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

At the time of my original post i was still on the planet (the same one i started on), but I would assume there is still supposed to be a marker of some sort to indicate that I'm required to go into space?

Instructions to reproduce:
    1. start new survival solo game planet with the details in the screenshot below... (please note seed is 184834)
    upload_2020-6-30_18-0-26.png

2. I then completed all three starting tutorials by clicking the check boxes for all task.
    upload_2020-6-30_18-15-9.png

3. when prompted I clicked the 'Play' option for the next quest (dialog triggered when all 3 starting tutorials completed)
    at the end of this set of dialog you will be asked to locate a teleport station close to the crash site

4. I then located the Teleport Station
    upload_2020-6-30_18-19-15.png

5. Approach the teleport station and complete the dialog that appears. You will then be asked to locate the UCH Heidelberg

6. Approach the UCH Heidelberg and you will be prompted with the message in the screenshot below. click 'lets go'
    upload_2020-6-30_18-22-43.png

8. Complete all the task at UCH Heidelberg, for example loot first container, wait for second task and then loot second container, look at the strange marker, locate bridge and access console, and so on.

9. after this you need to return to the teleport station

10. activate the teleport station console, it will explode and trigger trap, you should then kill the drones

11. when prompted for chapter 2 click 'lets go'

12. meet the chief, accept the next stage/task from him.

13. go to monument

14. kill fist lot of spiders, then kill the second lot.

15. return to chief

16. return to the monument and find/read inscription plate

17. locate the second tower

18. enter the tower

Ok so this is where things start to get a little tricky...
    so in my original game i had troubles with the next few steps, long story short i got stuck on the elevator in the tower and it pushed me through the map, i fell back into the room at the bottom, by memory i activated gm via console and flew out, so we will try do that again.

upload_2020-6-30_18-52-33.png

20. activate gm via console and fly out

21. force complete the task by ticking the box
    upload_2020-6-30_18-55-26.png

At this point in my efforts to reproduce the problem I also ran into issues so i just started force completing all the task by clicking the boxes.
    But in my original game i completed most if not all of the quest/task rather than force completing them.

you will eventually start the TOP missions/quest...
    upload_2020-6-30_19-7-5.png

22. head to the new marker and talk to the trader
    After completing the dialog I am asked to approach station but there is no marker.
    Note: I was able to reproduce even after force completing a few more task than before.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM
    Germanicus likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid I cannot reproduce the issue at all.

I started the quest, and got the marker for the TOP Manager on the planetary station. I went in space and back to planet and the marker was still there.

Same for the Distillery. Got the marker, went to space, down to planet and back .. marker was still there.

Do not get confused by the console entry. As soon as you are told to go somewhere and the PDA creates a marker, it will try to look for the station or POI it wants to send you to. As long as you are on the planet but are told to go to the distillery (which is in space, as you get told by the TOP manager), the marker is not found and the PDA will repeat the check as soon as you cross playfield borders.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  9. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

Right, so what you're saying is that the marker will not be shown until the player is within the same loaded area as the location that has been marked?

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yep. You need to be in the same playfield for PDA markers. ( Possibly this can be changed in future updates)

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  11. ZeroThinking

ZeroThinking Ensign

Ok, thanks for the information and the quick response.

I think you can mark this as 'not a bug' for my issue, but I'm not sure about Mirosya's issue, may want to keep it open for that although it actually sounds different to what i was experiencing.

Also as you say maybe look at adding quest/mission markers that load even when not in the same playfield, perhaps a 'tracking' option for these markers/quest so that it can be toggled on or off with ease.

Alternatively you could perhaps add/improve logs so that we could scroll back through any dialog that people (NPC's) have said to us.
    upload_2020-6-30_22-17-45.png

Thanks again.

Hummel-o-War and Germanicus like this.
  12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Dialogue log = planned. But i am not sure it will hit with the next update 12.2 already.

ZeroThinking, Pach and Germanicus like this.