Question about SP POI's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CYGVAN, Jan 9, 2017.

1. CYGVAN

CYGVAN Ensign

Singleplayer. Survival.

Can all POI's be disassembled/deconstructed or are some static and unchangeable?

I assume that once you find the core and destroy it you can add your own and change to private and do what you want to the POI.

I did this when I found a Supply Station on Akua. I made it my main BA and modified it to my liking. I found two other Supply Stations and dis/decon them to gather all the devices/blocks/components.

However, I was unable to destroy a core on a few POI's...I think it was the crashed ship on Akua (the one in three pieces).

On another (Outpost Beta I think), I couldn't even locate a core.

And same goes for some of the POI's listed as [Adm]....one on Akua and one orbiting Akua.

Thanks in advance for the info. Just starting to explore more and am a little puzzled. The wiki didn't offer too much help.

-cyg

2. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

The [Adm] ones are admin faction and invincible. All others have a core somewhere. For some, the core may be buried and unreachable without drilling. This is often the case with the three sections of the MS Titan wreck.

Clapman7 likes this.
  3. CYGVAN

CYGVAN Ensign

I found the core on the MS Titan on Akua but I tried to disassemble it, deconstruct it then I tried to destroy it with weapons. No success with any of these methods.

I assume that I need to destroy the core and then install my own core then set to private. However, I cant seem to destroy the core. I was successful in destroying the core at 3 supply sites and an excavation site (one supply site I kept as a base and the others I "recycled") but this wreck has me perplexed.

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Titan is a bug or wrong setting I believe on devs behalf , and will get corrected.

5. CYGVAN

CYGVAN Ensign

roger that.

6. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

The Titan cores take 3 clips of a T2 pistol to destroy, more if you only have a starter pistol. I claim them as bases often too, and only found issues when the core is protected by glass, in which case a shaped charge of C4 is the way to go.

7. CYGVAN

CYGVAN Ensign

i tried to use t2 pistol and t2 assault rifle....i wasnt seeing the hit points go down when i would use the t2 multitool to check it....if i use the xplosives, wont that destsroy the surrounding starter block making it impossible to install a new core?

8. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

You don't have to put the core in any specific location. You can put it anywhere you want. :)

lactobeezor and zaphodikus like this.