Question for Devs: Public Teleporter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndigoWyrd, Jul 10, 2020.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Currently playing on Official Vanilla Server. Tried setting a teleporter as Public, but other players do not seem to be able to teleport to it. They can teleport From it, but even after teleporting From it, they are unable to return to it. Is this by design, or a bug?

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    As of A12 release & now it is not possible for a player set teleporter to be made public to appear in other players destination lists this is intentional to avoid grief/trap teleporters.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I'd actually not thought of that, but... I get it. Teleporter on the ceiling, upside down, over a large shaft ending in a lava pit... Goodbye, Mr. Bond.

Perhaps we need an in-game "Friends" list to enable this kind of functionality to allow visits to friendly locations.

4. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

IMHO, if they have found it, and can teleport from it, then it should appear on their list to travel back. Or at a minimum should be shared to faction members and allied factions.

5. Slingblades

Slingblades Lieutenant

I would Love to be able to let people be able to teleport to my servers hub from anywhere. They can use it to go out from it but not to it. I wish there was a selection to let Admins be able to set the teleport to show up on the list like poi's do. I have my hub set with an admin core and teleporter set to public. I get asked all the time about it, I guess next time I will have to add my hub as a custom poi and maybe that will fix it.

SylenThunder likes this.