New Random Injuries inside SV cockpit

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by BossManW916, Aug 16, 2021.

1. BossManW916

BossManW916 Ensign

Build: V1.5.6 3446
    Mode: Single Player/Multi Player
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Moderate

Type:

Summary: Random injuries while flying an SV (on planet)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start new survival
    2) Go into God mode
    3) Spawn in SV
    4) Get in SV and fly around
    5) Turn off god mode
    6) Enjoy your injuries

2. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Lieutenant

The other night I had a similar thing occur, and I hadn't been using God Mode either.

Got in an SV planetside, went back into orbit, landed inside the SV hangar on my CV. As soon as it made the docking sound, all hell broke loose and I was given a broken leg AND mutilation at the same time, along with instantly removing 3/4 of my health.

Fortunately the medbay was right there so I didn't die :p

3. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I know that this happens when you have used the console command to convert a game into another mode, e.g. survival-creative and back to creative-survival. You should not use this command but have a separate creative game, it's not stable and causes exactly random injuries (I had a broken leg comming-up after every game loading, unaware of my position in the game.)

Germanicus likes this.
  4. BossManW916

BossManW916 Ensign

Brand new vanilla, no creative swap.

Started new game
    sbp, im, gm iv, looked for a good spot to spawn
    spawned in a White Dart and got in, filled it up, flew around, shut off GOD mode and....
    Walla... Broken Leg.

I have had it happen so bad before, it kicked me out of the cockpit and said I fell on my face too hard and when I spawned back in it promptly gave me two broken legs and an open wound... while testing the Anvil Server.

5. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Too bad that I currently don't remember what the workaround was, it happened me too long ago, in 1.3-1.4 I think, I only recall that I didn't have to restart new, If I recall I will of course say it here, I have to search a forum post.

6. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Lieutenant

I too have not been doing game swaps, but the game I am running HAS undergone 2 updates that may have played a part.

7. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

I had this happen to me when I collided with a wall in an SV that has the cockpit as the very frontmost block, and I remember last season on my server a player getting killed while inside his cockpit, I think this is a running intermittent bug

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Why would I start a Vanilla Survival Game and switch immediately to God Mode?:rolleyes:
    How about walking or driving/flying to find a good Spot? If that is not your way be warned that switching to gm CAN BREAK the PDA Story Line. And the PDA was responsible for those Injuries when they first happened.

Besides....
    The Devs can't make a their game FOOL-Proof for everyone who likes to do such nonsense.
    I actually wait for day they remove the Console Commands :p and even Single Players are forced to play as if in Multi Player - no Console;).