Filed / Tracking RCS loses functionality [00664]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by dracconis69, Jan 25, 2019.

1. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Mode: Both

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: Any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: RCS loses functionality

Description: When in third person view in a ship (most notable in a HV) and entering an are that would cause the camera to glitch to a overhead front view as opposed to a behind the vehicle forward viewing camera the RCS's can lose functionality (RCS's are still powered at the time so it is not turning them off or loss of power) and cause the ship to no longer have right, left, up, or down movements. You still have control over the thrusters and can move the ship laterally side to side or back and forward, but no turning in any direction.

Steps to Reproduce: There are no steps as it is right out of the box.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you think you Danas da video of what exactly happens? Thx in advance

3. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

If I had the ability to record such an error/glitch I would be more than happy to. All I can say is that it happens on a regular basis for me not matter if it is in a creative world or in a single player world. If I am in 3rd person view in a HV and going into a tunnel or the back of your prefab CV it causes the camera to glitch and then the RCS's stop responding and doesnt allow you to turn your ship.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you are using, i.e., a NVIDIA Graphic Card you can use the, in the Software, included Tool to make Videos of your doing. I am sure other Graphic Card Companies have their own version of the Capturing tool.

Btw., @Hummel-o-War ...are you all right? ...."Do you think you Danas da video of what exactly happens?"

5. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

I am using an old amd card and the software that comes with it doesn't have a video capturing option as I have looked in the past to see if I could for streaming purposes.

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well thats a shame than...in a few years mine will be in the same state that yours are today..My Laptop is now 5 Years old...:(

7. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Yeah I really wish I had some way to capture it for him as I am sure it would help being able to see the glitch/bug that happens. I can only hope that someone else that has the ability to capture it has also ran into the same problem as me and would be able to provide a video capture of it.

8. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you not use obs https://obsproject.com/ or fraps http://www.fraps.com/ to make a short recording ?

9. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

I wish I could but even with a game like Minecraft that uses a whole lot less resources even then I can't use OBS.

10. Goon The Franc

Goon The Franc Ensign

Does your HV have a drill module on it?
    When I first found the "fixed drill" mode I thought it was a bug. It is a utility to lock your HV's orientation for digging straight holes.
    In my game it can be turned on/off by pressing Shift+O.

11. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Yes my HV does have drills (T2) but it is impossible for me to hit the key combo to lock the orientation on my HV. "Shift" is usually the modifier for such things but my keybind has "Shift" as the "Down" and "X" as the shift modifier along with "T" as the auto level. So using the wasd+shift+space to control the forward/left/backward/right+down+up (respectively) to control the ship it would be impossible to accidentally click "X+T" as that is an odd combo for the fingers to press.

12. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

It's not that odd actually. x is 3 buttons to the right of shift, t is 3 buttons to the right of w. so if you're using shift+w and, in a rush, put your hand a little offset to the right, you could hit x+t by accident... such things happen quite often to me too, that's why I mention that. BUT in the vessels overview (the HUD-element in the bottom right corner of your screen) you could check the first line (that should be either fix or free) to know if that's the problem.
    And there's no logic involved that could disable the RCS?
    Does the problem stay if you save, close the game and load back in? If yes please upload a save where your vessel is stuck like that.

13. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Well the next time it happens I will double check, but so far the only way to unlock the RCS is to exit and load the game back up.

14. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Ok was able to reproduce the problem and I found the culprit as to what is causing it. The all the functions of the keybind for the shift modifier do not get transferred over to the new keybind when changed. All other keybind functionality of the shift modifier does get moved, but so far the free/fixed "Shift+Auto Level" is still bound to Shift and your Auto Level keybinds, whereas my keybinds for "Shift Modifier" and "Auto Level" are "X" and "T" respectively. So therein lies the bug.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  15. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this has been logged & will be checked.

16. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Thank you very much for keeping an eye on this thread. I was beginning to wonder if I needed to report it again with the new findings.