RCS Not Working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gainesterism, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Gainesterism

Gainesterism Ensign

I just subscribed to a blueprint for an SV. It goes up and down and forward and backward but it won't turn. I'm assuming it has something to do with the 16 RCSs. What am I missing to make this thing turn?

2. Gainesterism

Gainesterism Ensign

Never mind. The RCSs were inactive. While I'm here, how do I configure them so that they can be turned off and on with the thrusters from the panel?

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Use the Signal stuff u cant add them to the Thruster Switch but u can make your own that combines Thrusters and RCS

4. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

In most builds, you have the thrusters in a device group. Using the drop-down menu at the top of each group you can assign that group to one of the 6 switches on the main tab, and name them so you know what's what. I often have toggles for minimum thrust and maximum thrust so I can conserve fuel when I don't need it.

Alternately, you can go a signal route like Taelyn suggested, in which case you can bind them to the 6 signal switches, or to an actual physical switch somewhere on the vessel, and if you do that it doesn't matter what group the devices are in, but it takes a bit more time and understanding to set up.

5. Gainesterism

Gainesterism Ensign

Is there a 2 minute explanation you (or anyone) can give. I looked for videos on custom signals but they all focus in lights, doors and ramps, and I haven't figured out how to do Thrusters+RCS.

6. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

It is very simple - auto group devices if they are not, go to page in Control Panel where you have built-in sliders/switches for power, weapons, thrusters, etc., choose first one in second custom row, write your custom name for your new group (like 'SYSTEMS'), then go back to first tab with all device groups - and select for RCS & all THRUSTER groups this new custom switch.

This way you can make different 'power' groups when you have some extra powerful engines for combat or taking off, or you want different selections of weapons/turrets for different situations, or you want to be sure that some power hungry devices are off or on for saving fuel/energy...

Gainesterism and Taelyn like this.
  7. Gainesterism

Gainesterism Ensign

Ahhh. Got it. Thanks!

Space Beagle likes this.