Fixed RCS versus no RCS (P-menu bug) [6968]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Jollificator 2, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jollificator 2

Jollificator 2 Lieutenant

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player
    Mode: CPU Points enabled

When testing my new Tier 2 CV, I came across this weird P-menu bug: It's basically that you have to switch back-and-forth between the 'Main' and 'Statistics' tab in the P-menu, for changes to take effect (e.g. turning thrusters on). Couple of step-by-step scenarios:

PMS = 'P-menu Statistics'
    PMM = 'P-menu Main'
    PRY = 'Pitch, Roll, Yaw'

CV has no RCS's, Thrusters are off:

- Enter cockpit, turn thrusters on and take off --> unable to steer, PMS shows PRY = 0, 0, 0
    - Switch between PMS and PMM tab a couple of times --> steering works, PMS shows PRY = 25, 55, 32
    (Tier 2 CPU is within limits: 499k/500k)

CV has 1 RCS, Thrusters are off:

- Enter cockpit, turn thrusters on and take off --> able to steer slowly, PMS shows PRY = 14, 12, 13
    - Switch between PMS and PMM tab a couple of times --> able to steer faster, PMS shows PRY = 32, 56, 37
    (PRY nearly as good as without RCS due to exceeding Tier 2 CPU limit: 574k/500k - 90% efficient)

2. Menace427

Menace427 Ensign

From inside the cockpit of my HV, i turn of the thrusters and hover engines. I exit the cockpit, wait a few seconds, and then enter the cockpit again. Turn on the thrusters and hover engines and try to turn the ship around. Does not work, not with keyboard nor mouse.

3. Jollificator 2

Jollificator 2 Lieutenant

While in the cockpit, try switching between the 'Main' and the 'Statistics' tab of the P-menu (Control Panel) a couple of times. This solved it for me, as I describe (possibly the same problem) here:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/rcs-versus-no-rcs-p-menu-bug-6968.91537/

4. Menace427

Menace427 Ensign

@Jollifactor: Thanks for your reply. This is indeed the same issue.
    Changing tabs is a better work around, or add an RCS to the HV for a more permanent solution.
    Also noticed that this happens for CV's (and probably SV's) as well.

Jollificator 2 likes this.
  5. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

Weighing in to note that I have this issue on my CV, but not on my SV (don't have an HV in the same game so can't test it. If I switch the Thrusters off and back on, I am unable to turn until I toggle the 'details' in PMS on and off. I only have to do this once for it to work. There are no RCS in the CV. Playing with CPU enabled, but I would be surprised if it's a CPU issue. More like part of the thruster/RCS rework.

6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer