RE: ist of good seeds? and mobile base parking

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by me777, Sep 3, 2021.

1. me777

me777 Commander

Has anyone collected good seeds for RE?
    The random seed I have now seems to be unlucky compared to the one I had before...
    almost no BH sectors and resources seem to be in smaller deposits.

And as I'm about to build my mobile base I wonder where to park it.
    I don't want to risk jumping my Base into a Dreadnought so leave it at the arrival sector?

Thanks for any Tips ;D

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's over 40,000 star systems generated. You're not really going to find a better seed. Check the center or edge of the galaxy for BH systems.

3. me777

me777 Commander

...but the other seed hat lots of good systems in jump range of alpha - this seed has not yet given me medium erestrum or pentaxid, also there are definitive not 3 BH right next to alpha...
    and there must be lucky and unlucky seeds, especially if you look only at near alpha, random works that way.
    (i half expected it to not be true random but rules that say put a fat barren metal next to alpha, but with my new seed it looks like true random, everything is average)

Still I can live with my seed, I just hope the good stuff is still somewhere to be found.

As for the other question, how do other player park their mobile bases? (i don't dare to park my ships annywhere, exept my home base and sun sectors...)