Fixed Rebinding certain actions does not unbind them from their default keys

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Iriohm, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Iriohm

Iriohm Ensign

The following was provided from a fresh, verified installation of the game, with no custom configurations, mods, or save files present.

MODE: Not applicable. Issue occurs in the opening menus.

SERVER NAME: Not applicable.

SEED-ID: Not applicable. See above.

REPRODUCABILITY: Always.

Severity: I realize it may not be as big a deal for everyone, but I consider it fairly major. I love this game, but being unable to use the keys I'm comfortable with strongly affects my enjoyment of it.

Type: Keybinding / Configuration Issue

Summary: Rebinding certain actions does not unbind them from their default keys.

Description: I cannot rebind the primary keys for rolling right and left. I am able to click to rebind, and press a new key at the prompt to change, but when I select to Add or Replace, the GUI does not reflect the altered binding, nor are they reflected in-game. No matter what I try, the Q/E keys will still cause me to roll left/right, though they also perform whatever new action I assigned to them.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start the game, and go to Options > Controls​

[​IMG]
    What I see the first time I enter the Controls screen.
    2) Scroll down to the Roll Right action, and click on it. This should change the E to a "...", while the game waits for a new key input.

3) Enter a new key. I used C.

4) The GUI will still show that E is bound to the Roll Right action.

Additional Notes...

- I am able to rebind the secondary keys for these actions without issue, such that the new bindings are reflected in the GUI and in the game as expected. However, Q/E will still appear bound, and still cause me to roll left and right, no matter what I try.​

[​IMG]
    Rebinding the secondary key seems to work just fine.
    Here, the GUI shows Roll Right Secondary rebound to the C key.

- Successive attempts to rebind the keys (binding Roll Right Primary to C, then binding it to C again) result in a prompt that C is already assigned to that key, so clearly the new key is being bound. It's just retaining the old one as well.

[​IMG]
    What I see when attempting to bind C again after binding it to Roll Right Primary.
    Note that the GUI behind this dialogue still lists E as the primary key for Roll Right.

- Binding the primary key to some other key (even if the GUI says it hasn't been), followed by attempting to bind another action to that key, does not cause any prompt to appear. It's as if the game does in fact consider that key to be free for use, even if the GUI doesn't show it. In other words, binding Roll Right Primary to C, then binding Roll Right Secondary to E, does not create any dialogue saying that E is still in use, even though I can see in the GUI that Roll Right Primary is still bound to it.

As I said, rebinding my keys is very important to me, and being unable to do so really hinders my ability to enjoy this game. That said, I want to close by saying that I still love it to bits, and really appreciate everything being done with it. I really hope the issue above can be resolved. Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that might be helpful to you.

2. area51 2

area51 2 Ensign

i have same problem for weeks ? any solution ?

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi can you try removing the secondary keybinds ?
    Find the action in the list then in the secondary list click on the box then press the Escape key 1 time to clear the box.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Iriohm

Iriohm Ensign

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I just tested it, and pressing escape does indeed unbind the secondary keys for me, at which point I can set the primary ones to my preferred bindings without issue.

As a side note, in fiddling around with the keybindings, I also discovered I can't seem to set the Radial Menu button to anything. It remains unbound, even when resetting the keys to default, and doesn't show the expected "..." text when I click on it. I'm happy accessing that menu via its default (assuming it's the menu the right mouse button pulls up), but I thought it would be prudent to report it as an issue as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Germanicus likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks there is actually a issue with the 'Secondary' list which will get looked into soon.

I don't think that option is meant to be visible really but will check that.

Germanicus likes this.