Regenerating POIs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordRath, Feb 14, 2020.

1. LordRath

LordRath Ensign

I am playing on the MP survival but on my own dedicated server with friends and want to be able to claims the POIs and not have them regenerate like in SP. I think I turned off all the regeneration settings in the files as I can now place the cores and take over the POIs and we successfully claimed one and it all worked out well but when we logged on the next day it appears to have regenerated and we no longer owned the structure which was a alien bunker. I must have missed a setting somewhere anyone know what I may be missing here to get this to work.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Make sure you edit the gameoptions.yaml under the save game folder while the server is shut down.

3. LordRath

LordRath Ensign

Thx yeah missed a couple spots shutting it down and changing those to false works. Now to just figure out depoait repsawn would be nice to have just those respawn now and then.

4. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Code:
    wipe <PlayfieldName> deposit
    This will reset deposits after unload of the playfield in question.

There is no regeneration option for deposits

5. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Since ore deposits currently have no option to respawn, then have to find an alternative way to play.
    One is to give an autominer at start and set autominer ore depletion to off. So instead of mining with tools you put down the autominer for some starter ore.

Another is to activate meteorites.
    Normally if all ore deposits of one type are depleted, then they will start dropping now and then. But not easy to find. Also a setting to be changed and can vary for different planets/playfields.

A third is to have special POIs that regenerates with ore in cargo boxes. Maybe only at starter location or scattered around, with loot table set to how much.

A fourth is to have a trader with cheap starter ore, and something to trade in for cash.

6. []ReeO[]

[]ReeO[] Lieutenant

Could someone please Tell (Write) the command line for switching on or off POI Regeneration ? As i do not have this command in my gameoptions.yaml and i would like very much to have options of enabling or disabling regeneration

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can add it to your gameoptions.yaml for your SAVE game.

RegeneratePOIs: True

You can find more options under content/scenarios/default random or default multiplayer.

8. []ReeO[]

[]ReeO[] Lieutenant

Thanks you! :)

ravien_ff likes this.