release 12.2 dark label backgrounds get in the way

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by boolybooly, Jul 6, 2020.

1. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

I just want to comment that the dark backgrounds to the text labels on objects which have been detected are blocking the LOS especially at night. IMHO they are a nuisance.

See screeny where the label and text for a distant copper deposit are obscuring a boulder which would otherwise be visible in the headlights of the motorcycle and which will obstruct the motorcycle so its not ideal.

Was better before.

Attached Files:

2. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I second that. Not only are they blocking, they're just plain ugly... and they do nothing to solve the WP stacking issue that some were complaining about with the new detection system.. other than you just can't see anything but the closest- but the stack of labels obscures even more than before

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

They block drones, either the POI they're guarding does or the drones themselves are obscured by the info tag so that you can neither headshot the drone or see its position.

runlykhel, monktk, jones99306 and 2 others like this.
  4. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

A little necro to keep this in the light. Black backgrounds too much.

dichebach likes this.
  5. dichebach

dichebach Captain

F6 can be a lifesaver, but I agree some redesign of the map labels is a good thing.

Add to that: the way in which waypoints behave is pretty unsatisfactory. Also, the lack of multi-select features in the map markers is a chore.

6. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

I had another egregious example today of how obstructive this labelling background is in the release client v1.1 - 3065.

A drone attack at night early game before vehicle weapons, just finished remodelling the Dart. Have not even had time to get big solar panels for a prefabbed base.

The drones are hard to see in the dark, requires HUD labels visible but the labels obscure the target and make it impossible to target the eye even with the sniper scope.

Frankly this was pretty annoying.
    20200813185803_1.jpg 20200813185837_1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020