Repair area for this template is blocked - It's getting old - need work around - please fix it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnowdogJJJ, Sep 15, 2020.

1. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

There has got to be a better way to get this done. Yes, I understand that it is probably a bunch of 1/2 blocks that are extending below the area but come on? A novice could code a solution to this issue. I won't go into possible solutions and yes I also understand that there are priorities to coding.

Has anyone come up with a reasonable workaround? Can I raise the repair block up higher somehow, I tried but then it seems that the blocks are still in the way.

2. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

Have you tried using it in space, with the ship floating a bit from the repair pad?

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  3. Bollen

Bollen Captain

I've struggled with this many times, but the solution is usually quite simple: there's either a rock in the way, a rail or you. The repair bay has a button you can press "Show Repair Area", unfortunately it only lasts a few seconds, but that shows you what is blocking the repair area.

I think the devs should make this button act permanently whilst it's engaged, it's a pain in the butt trying to find what is blocking on a large ship...

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  4. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

That is a good idea, I would put a space station up there but after getting harassed my drone attacks on the ground every (#&@#%^) time I turn around I am concerned with space drone attacks and having to defend two locations.

5. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

I did just add a few blocks to extend my landing gear and that fixes the immediate problem but now my ship looks like s**t, it is not a great solution. How about just add a line of code that ignores a specific type of clock ..like Concreate Block or make a new block called repair frame-blocks, the list of programmatic solutions is not endless but damned near close to it.

6. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

You could try making little ventral fin greebles to contain the landing gear. Might need a longer boarding ramp too, though.

7. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

yup I needed a bigger longer ramp .. like I said it fixed the repair problem but now it looks like crap