PLZ Retest and Re-Report Repair bay: Lost Material when repair fails

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Neoloid, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Neoloid

Neoloid Ensign

Hi,
    I tried to repair a CV but left a S V docked. The repair failed and most of the materilas vanished.
    A failed repair should not consume any materials.

Kind regards,
    Michael

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    How did the repair "fail" ?
    Do you know what triggered it ?
    Can it be reliably reproduced ?

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Ente

Ente Commander

Have a (possibly?) similar issue on a reforged eden server (Spanjs Broken Eden) with repairing a CV in Space. Repair to template works fine. The repair block function however repairs until it consumes all iron resources in the repair block, even if more are available then needed. Once all are depleted it just stops. Sometimes a part of the damage is repaired and the remaining repair bill is reduced somewhat, but nowhere close to the resources it consumed. Most of the time nothing is repaired and the remaining repair bill is unchanged.
    No docked SVs, the CV is pretty big. Also repairing SVs seems to work fine

I have however not been able to reproduce it on a single player vanilla game. So for my case it could be Reforged Eden specific, or it could be Multiplayer specific. Or its coupled to some other weird circumstances...

If had to do a wild guess I would assume you do a incremental repair and for some reason sometimes single repair-steps fail to actually register the repair (but not the resource consumption) on multiplayer.

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Have you not tried also with the "Empyrion - Dedicated server" for MP ? you can setup a server locally also. See steamlibrary > tools > "Empyrion - Dedicated server"

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Ente

Ente Commander

Well took me a bit to get a vanilla dedicated server running, still no, not able to reproduce it there.

I would like to mention even there the "Needed" amount given does not count down while doing a repair - which is a different behavior from single player. Even though that is a minor bug at best and not the problem I mentioned above.