repair bench + handguns/tool construction

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pear78, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

the repair machine is a bit weird to me, as a thing. maybe nano tech or something that repairs the stuff magically. but it draws a lot of power when idle. and doesnt require materials for repairs.

I think a repair bench would give more immersion in gameplay. it would need some resources to repair, just like repair bays, and crafting time for the character, at the bench, to repair. It wouldnt use power when not used.
    maybe it could also function as a crafting table for tools and weapons, and their ammo, to get some more use out of it. hold 1000 SU for some materials?
    because I hardly use the repair station tbh, fresh guns from POIs ftw ;) it would also mean an extra step in the progression table, being able to create guns in a different constructor

Garaman likes this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

So, would the player stand at the bench until repair is complete, like a med station? Would it make sounds like a hammer, wrench, or welding torch? Otherwise, it might just as well be the current repair machine. I agree that it shouldn't consume power when not in use and power consumption should be relative to the size of the weapon.

The thing I dislike about the Repair Station is that the percentage of repair is less each time until it has to be replaced. If my armorer didn't bring my M-16A1 to 100%, I would have been in a world of hurt. If you want to limit the number of repairs possible to make getting a new one necessary, fine if a bit silly.

Pear78 likes this.
  3. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

yes, In my mind it would take a couple of seconds to repair a weapon
    the repair station could maybe be a T2 version.. something that is able to repair all that is stored in there in one go
    it would be more of an early game thing and something nice to add to our bases/CVs,
    also touching my wish for more function in different (deco) devices :)

Track Driver likes this.
  4. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I would like to see more functional deco blocks as well. Radar immediately comes to mind!:rolleyes:

Pear78 likes this.