Fixed Repair to template not working with Auto mode [5487]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Furious Hellfire, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival,
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: HWS EU
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: you decide

Type: repair

Summary: repair process resets part the way through.

Description: when using repair to template, the vessel is being repaired and gives 58 minutes time to lapse.
    After maybe half those minutes pass, the repair process restarts from 58 again.
    When this happens the green box around the vessel is seen to turn off then back on for a split second.
    This happened when I moved just a few feet from my space base with jetpack.

Steps to Reproduce: as above, though when i started repair i went for a shower, i came back dead because repair killed base power haha, i refilled tank and a couple minutes later the repair process reset. though I dont believe that this was the cause for the issue as I have had this issue once before, and no deaths or power loss was involved.

Also this has happened on planet base with another CV

Both attempts are the only ever attempts I have actually made at using repair to template.
    Would you believe all this time I had never used it ^-^
    Now I am in PvP action It has become mandatory haha
    However both times I have used this feature have given same issue, first time it happened and then finished repair.

The second time was just now and i am waiting to see if the 58 minutes run down as I write this.

2. Furious Hellfire

So I waited the second repair out, the timer went down and instead of finishing the repair when time reached 0, the process started all over again, still the ship is not repaired.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    I have repaired 2 vessel just now with no issue so far.
    Can you reproduce this on your own server or in SP ?

4. Caennanu [NWB]

Caennanu [NWB] Lieutenant

The repair functions are a bit wonky, i have noticed that when auto repair is set, it will occasionally start the repair but instead of repairing only consume resources instead. Sometimes it won't even recognize that damaged blocks are there or that the template is missing blocks and need to be replaced. Generally tho setting the repair bay to standby and disabling the automatic feature followed by re-enabling it will fix it.

If you have control over the server or single player, try to set the repair speed to fast or instant so you don't have to wait the whole 58 minutes to test this out.

5. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok for vessels in MP with lock codes setup on them with Automatic mode the repair bay currently will not work properly.

@Furious Hellfire Just to check for you when this happened or happens for you is the Automatic mode checked in the repair console with a vessel that has a lock code setup on it ?

6. Furious Hellfire

Hiya buddy, it was a case of a locked bp unable to repair in automatic mode yes.

It was on HWS.

Manual repair is working fine from the repair console ;)

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok thanks I have updated the initial ticket for this problem.