Repairable Ships

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merandor, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Merandor

Merandor Ensign

My new hobby is repairing CV's. I found the couple in orbit around the starter planet amongst the pol mines.
    Can any crashed ships on moons/ planets be repaired or are they always bases?

Are there more in orbit of other planets or is this it?

2. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

All crashed vessels on planets are BA, not CV. Don't know if any more are in orbits around other planets, but IMO, there should be.

cmguardia and Germanicus like this.
  3. Merandor

Merandor Ensign

Can anyone confirm?
    Have you found any repairable ships apart from those near the starter planet?

4. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

There is a small SV in the mined area that is repairable. In general, if you find a structure and confirm from the panel (letter P) that it is a CV or SV, then you can use it.
    That little ship was part of one of the previous missions and is recoverable. I do not know if there are others in other orbits, I did not see others. Large ships destroyed, General, are designated BA and cannot be used as CV.

Hay un pequeño SV en la zona minada que es reparable. En general si encuentras una estructura y confirmas desde el panel (letra P) que es un CV o SV, entonces puedes utilizarlo.
    Esa pequeña nave formaba parte de una de las misiones anteriores y es recuperable. No se si existen otras en otras orbitas, yo no vi otras. Las grandes naves destruidas, general están designadas como BA y no se pueden usar como CV.

byo13 likes this.
  5. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

This is something I miss from space engineers - lots of stuff to salvage (at least if you are running a mod that adds ships flying around as the vanilla game is basically dead).

Even bits of bases can be cut away from the ground in SE and carted away. I really dont like the separation between CV and BA in this.

6. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Does anyone know the reason behind making the crashed ships BA's and not SV/CV?

7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

A crashed ship as a CV/SV cannot clip through terrain like a base. The game will kick it back into the air to crash back down on the planet.
    Basically, it looks stupid, performs stupid and causes problems with POI respawning.

8. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Can see the crashed vessels as so damaged that can not be fixed. Else there are a couple of tricks:

There are CV versions of most of them. So if have access to commands, then can destroy the BA and spawn the CV.
    Another way is to be in creative and have done BluePrint of it. Move the BA core so can use copy/cut on all except the core. Paste it onto a CV core, save as BP.
    Then there is changing the core type in some file (in a save), maybe. Preferable use setposition (and setrotation) to place the BA above ground.

cmguardia likes this.
  9. GlitchedVision

GlitchedVision Ensign

if you're looking for a salvage playstyle, you could try the scenario called Star Salvage on the workshop. I know there are crashed SVs, HVs, and CVs that all keep their type in that scenario.

bluemax151 likes this.