Resource Markers problem...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tyrax Lightning, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

During my Admin Duty on the WASD Games Server i've encountered people trying to interfere with play by digging out Resource Veins before any Auto-Miners have been placed there, then Auto-Miner Users are forced to trial & error guess where to place them to find them. Auto-Miners work on Resource Veins even after they've been Manually Mined Out, but many still haven't learned about this & still get riled up over conflict over Auto-Miner Use vs Manual Mining.

Then it hit me... Those Resource Markers that disappear after the Resource Vein goes to 10% or less remaining supply? That's old obsolete Code from before Auto-Miners when that Marker used to be no longer needed because Auto-Miners did not exist yet at the time. They do now, & Auto-Miners DO benefit from those Markers & can Mine Resources if placed on those spots EVEN IF THAT RESOURCE VEIN WAS 110% MINED OUT before that Auto-Miner ever touches that Spot! I humbly implore the Devs to please consider no longer removing Resource Markers upon Vein Depletion, though do go ahead & still have Vein Depletion drop the Anti-Grief Zone cause the Auto-Miner is a Terrain Place-able & Building doesn't block Auto-Miner Placement & sometimes we fully Manually Mine Out an Ore Vein to clear it out so a Building can go there in its place. :D

Many thanks for your time. :)

VISION305 likes this.
  2. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Dont play PVP but the idea makes sense at least at the current state of the game.

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Actually the occurrence happened on a PvE Planet. If it had been a PvP Planet i'm sure I would not have been Summoned for aid, as they coulda then just resolved their Dispute with their Military Might. :p

Also, after Posting this Thread, I found out from Boss Mr. Fun that some of my prior knowledge I thought I knew about Auto-Miners was in error. I've now found out from him that if ya place an Auto-Miner onto a Resource Vein first then Mine that Vein out manually then the Auto-Miner will function forever. If the Resource Vein is Mined out till the Marker's gone, then ya place the Auto-Miner, even in the exact right spot, the Auto-Miner can't work because the Resource Vein has been effectively 'De-Activated'. I was previously unaware of this. This needs fixed imho. :( (My Suggestion for fix: Buff Auto-Miners to be able to place them onto Resource Meteors & gobble them up.)

4. Van

Van Commander

I think I'd rather just see AMDs able to be placed on meteorites then have ore veins exist forever. As much as I like never having to move AMDs, it really does make sense that ore veins should just be gone when they're mined out. Some of the problem would be alleviated by having more ore types exist in asteroid belts & allowing AMDs on those. Space is way bigger than planets. :D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I tried last night placing an AMD on a mined out ore vein. You are not able to. Makes sense to me. Also the map marker disappears for the ore vein.

I think what they wanted to do with AMD is to create a way to have infinite amounts of resources and a way to minimize the grind in the late game. These two things are important. It is not perfect but they have the right ideas.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.