Resource Meteors

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Starwing6, May 22, 2018.

1. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I'd like to know how to add Random resource meteors to a playfield. Is it possible to control the chances of the random meteor? I would love to have a small chance for a pentaxid meteor on a moon, or even an incredibly rare random gold meteor on the Lava planet playfield.

jadefalcon, Sephrajin and geostar1024 like this.
  2. super

super Ensign

You'll want depletion meteors for rare ones, as they will only have a few on the planet and replenish them as they are mined. Random means eventually the planet will be covered in them over time. But as to how to set them up, I'm dont know for sure, sorry. But I would download other peoples scenarios and look in the planet playfields ymal for the line that says "AsteroidResources:" Probably something in there. Good luck.

3. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I was just wondering about it because the playfields have listed (in the in-game details) depletion meteors and random ones, but no playfields had random ones set up--not even commented out. The idea of a predefined resource meteor falling at a random rate was pretty exciting to me--like how our planet has random meteors entering the atmosphere--so that it could be a resource that isn't necessarily available in a deposit on the playfield I would modify.

rainyday likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

From what I understand, random meteors don't keep falling over and over. They have a max limit to the number that can exist at any one time so there's no danger to your planet being covered in them.

I too would like to know how to add them.

Starwing6 likes this.
  5. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

If it would work that way--that random meteors wouldn't pile up--then it would be a very fun and exciting event! Then when you get a meteor incoming warning, you would feel excited to look and find out what it is, rather than knowing its definitely the resource you depleted.

It would be cool if on the first day in the new game, there would be a small chance of the random meteor type set up for that playfield, or you might never experience it.

If it doesn't work and random meteors would pile up, then the detail about random meteors should probably not be displayed on the planets at all.

6. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Don't mean to necro the post,but! I often add Random Meteors into the Default Random Scenario. Have a look in the Invader Verses Defender Scenario folder, the 'Eleen' playfield, or 'Mercenary Camp', and find the Asteroid Resources section. What you need are the following lines/settings. 'Name', 'Amount', 'InitialDelay', 'Delay', 'DespawnDelay'. 'Eleen' only has Random Cobalt. Just copy these 5 lines into any play field 'AstetoidResource' section, and then change the 'Name' to whatever resource you want, copy and repeat to add other random resources. If they land in water, don't worry, they will despawn/respawn.
    A similar thing can be done with Space Asteroids. Look in Content/Playfields, SpaceOrbitStarter folder, Space_dynamic.yaml. In Resources Section. At the bottom of this section you will see that Magnesium is set as 'Probability 0.2'. Meaning a 20% chance it will exist in the playfieild. Copy the whole magnesium section and chang e the resource name to whatever resources you want. Copy and repeat. When finished with SpaceOrbitStarter, copy what you have done into SpaceOrbit playfield also. I usually set the Probability for Space Resources to 0.1 (10%). That way you still have to explore to find all resources.

Needleship likes this.
  7. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Also, if you want them to 'pile up', then just remove the 'DespawnDelay' line. NOT TESTED! might work tho!

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Fun fact, while trying to figure out how to drop gold meteors that contain only a few hundred ores, somehow the game thought I wanted to drop several dozen gold meteors all at once. It looked like freaking Armageddon on my moon. lol