PLZ Retest and Re-Report Resources missing after mining

Discussion in 'Archive' started by VISION305, May 23, 2020.

1. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Mode: Creative
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: I will get this later as I have to go somewhere

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unsure yet
    Severity: Minor/Major (You can fix the problem by giving yourself the missing items using console)

Type: Mining and inventory

Loaded my game (using latest experimental) and went mining for missing stuff I needed. The materials shows as being gathered in the UI but when I went back to base there were not there. I could not find them in any inventory that I have including the few vessels I have and their cargo boxes.

I have not tried reproducing this but my theory is that you load a new game and just go straight to mine without opening any inventory containers. The act of opening a container or inventory might fix the problem. Come to think of it I have never loaded a game and gone straight mining without loading some kind of inventory menu first to check my inventory. This time I just loaded and went straight away to mine without doing anything else. Perhaps the inventory wasnt instantiated yet and the items werent being saved in your collections? No idea.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Do you mean with "Loaded my Game" a saved game from Pre-EXP IV? Or you loaded a save Game which you started in EXP IV?

3. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

It was a game I started and loaded in Exp 4

4. Haku

Haku Ensign

Hi,
    Just adding that I have the same issue. Game started on IV, loaded 4.1 today and anything I mine is now missing.

5. Haku

Haku Ensign

Apologies for the multiple replies. I was able to resolve this by completing unloading my inventory. I'm not sure what the issue was exactly, but it showed me with a volume of something like 6000/700. Once I unloaded everything (which was only about 10 items), I was able to mine again.

6. Pach

Pach Captain

If you are playing with M/V enabled, and the place you are trying to load the minerals to is full, they drop to the ground as rocks instead of being automatically collected.

However, you used to get a warning message when this happened...

Germanicus likes this.
  7. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I play with it off. Also, the indicators were popping up that I was gaining those resources. They did not drop on the ground. I believe it has to do with not instantiating something. Once I open a container then the mining starts working. I have not tried this theory.

8. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you attach a copy of the save game please ?

Germanicus likes this.
  9. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Sorry I just barely got a new computer and the old save game is gone.

I tried loading a game now and going straight away to mine some copper. The mining worked fine.
    I cannot reproduce this bug and no longer have the save file. Maybe its best to just delete this thread. Sorry

10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I'll close this for now but if you manage to find a reliable way to reproduce what was experienced feel free to let me know & I can reopen this thread.
    Thanks.

VISION305 and Germanicus like this.