[Ressource] List of playfield music (A9-I)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Exacute, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Sanberry, Dreuseff, Andipro and 8 others like this.
  2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

You rock like Laz-Y-Boy.

Exacute likes this.
  3. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

Is there away to listen to them?

4. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Currently, there is no official way of listening to them. Hummel have mentioned, that they are currently investigating options.

5. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

Thanks.

6. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Great job!

Can someone build a scenario with a couple of bases next to each other so we can hear each music track by just switching from base to base?

Ivellios likes this.
  7. LinearBurn

LinearBurn Lieutenant

lol replace one of them files with Aqua barbie girl and let you frends beet there head in

Mobius likes this.
  8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If there wave files you should be able to listen to them in most players, what an I missing ?

Ephoie likes this.
  9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Not sure if possible, would need very flat planet or most likely there wouldn't be enough spawn points for all of the POIs !
    Theres 31 songs in the list, when we get bigger planets it will be easy enough but right now, be a close call I recon.

10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Space?

11. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

Yes, it is indeed possible to listen to them. However given some legal-reasons (I assume), Eleon is not making them 'easily accessible'. Given that's their stance on it, I won't share them.

Ephoie likes this.
  12. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Unity encodes regular audio files into platform-specific formats for use in the game. Playing them back would require decoding them and that is likely to run into IP issues.

14. Mobius

Mobius Captain

Hey guys! I am the composer for the game. Just wanted to let you know that I am still working on the soundtrack actually. The versions that are currently in game are the work in progress versions that can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/empyrion-game

I also upload them to my personal soundcloud and youtube pages when they are complete:

https://soundcloud.com/alexzanderjordon
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiz0L_zR56QtAGonRcsw_zw

I'm super excited that I have people requesting to hear them! :) The final versions will be released very soon!

15. Exacute

Exacute Rear Admiral

@Mobius That's awesome! Cheers for sharing. I'm sure this will come in handy for some.
    On a more personal note: Great work on the music! Keep it up ;)

@jmcburn Perhabs you can work out some magic with using youtube or soundclouds API to include this directly in your tool @creation?
    (Just a thought.. It'll surely be a decent chunk of work tho.. But atleast we have a 'legal' way of including *these* sounds now :) )

16. Mobius

Mobius Captain

Thank you for the kind words :) It means a lot! This will be my first video game soundtrack, and I am super excited for its full release.

My next step is to convince the Eleon team to get the music to cue to what situations the player is in instead of just looping ;) Probably not an urgent feature for them though.

Ephoie, electriclimbo83 and Exacute like this.
  17. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

This has been the bane of video game soundtrack folks dating alllll the way back to George "The Fatman" Sanger, Team FAT, and the guys at LucasArts. :D

Grats on the groove tunes!

--Brian

Mobius likes this.
  18. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Good job on the soundtrack thus far. As long as I got you here cornered, I wanted to share some opinions about it.

I think all of the music is good and has a place in the game. However there's a few pieces of music I think are misplaced.

1. The music associated with Skillon seems like the wrong fit. Skillon is a land of extremes, with infernal hot radioactive mists, and freezing nights in some areas. The music seems to fit a more inert planet, maybe a gas giant, or at least a world that is pretty cold. It also would fit the vastness of space, or an asteroid field. For me, it does not "fit" burning hot mist, it is not the right mood. The music should have more tension to it, more like the music of Aestus. More tension in strings, maybe some brass, percussion. I'm sure you know what I mean, you've done it elsewhere.

2. The music in open space seems a bit "happy" to me sometimes and might fit better on a starter world like Akua. I think space should sound a bit more empty, cold, distant. Maybe you hear this music inside your ship, but outside? It seems too relaxing, not cold or tense enough. To me, relaxing peaceful music belongs in the daytime of Akua when guardians are wandering around, not a dangerous place that is -200C with no atmosphere.

The music can really help when it is the right match. When I first got to Akua's moon, the music really helped reinforce the barrenness of the environment, it helped it feel more lifeless, empty, like a place with no atmosphere. Music was perfect. Oscutune also has the mood set perfectly from the music. So I hope that as you continue to write these good background tracks, that maybe some of the existing ones can be switched up a bit to better fit the environment.

I hope this sort of feedback is helpful.

Mobius likes this.
  19. Mobius

Mobius Captain

Absolutely!

I actually did not decide which tracks were placed in which biomes. I think that is something that will get re-worked over the next few updates, and this is a good place to start for the team. :)

Ephoie and zaphodikus like this.
  20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

If you really want o listen to the tracks you stand I na POI with the track you want and record the whole game for the duration of the song, and then you can save the song file as any format you like, I used FRAPS, worked perfectly.