Retrieving a planet seed generation

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by El_Globo, May 25, 2021.

1. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Hi,

I don't know how to retrieve the seed used in the generation of a previous game.

I would have liked to recreate in experimental 1.5 the world I had in my 1.4, but I can't find the seed ID on the loading option of the saved game.

I already downloaded the very very very useful EmpyrionSaveGameTool and I managed to transfer my CV with all my stuff in the new game.

EDIT : It would be great if the starting seed of the game was showed in the difficulty option panel, so we can easily retrieve it to make/test a new game

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  2. You have to load the game and use the console commands to show both the global and planetary seeds.

The global seed is the one you need to input when starting a new save.

3. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

And do you know what is the console command for getting the global needed one ?

EDIT : I found it : stats seed (global) & playfield... What's the difference between ?

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Global is the overall seed used for the save game. It's the seed that you put in when starting a new game and affects everything else. The same seed will, generally, give the same galaxy.

Playfield is the seed used for that specific playfield. Same seed on a playfield = the exact same playfield layout.

However due to changes in the playfields it might not be possible to get the same planet even if you use the same seed.