Returning player .... feedback

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Flare |UKCS|, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Flare |UKCS|

Flare |UKCS| Ensign

Ok, this game has progressed a lot, it amazing how much has been added, its crazy.
    Good job devs.

I do have some complaints, of course, and you are free to take or ignore the following :

- Biggest issue for me is how CV's fly... they are basically oversized SV's and they look terrible in combat.

My solution is to remove or severely limit how much a CV can bank, make the RCS only aid in the lateral turns, to compensate I suggest you add a power hungry shield, either its always visible or only shown on hit or even better only on the section hit, you can even beat the 'lagshot' by making a check in the shield is online then ANY shot past the barrier is null. Add some torpedoes and broad side shot cannon barrages, plus a new lazer lance turret.

- I also wish but do understand why not, rotating platforms and piston blocks.

- I also would love more logic, especially IF x THEN y types

- I would also love more interactivity with equipment as in , is turret track a enemy then X

- I would also love to be able to add docking to HV -> SV craft, for say a utility transport SV that can allow a HV to dock so it can be transported

- more blocks, the small slopes are hard to round off, and the slopes are limited.

I still have to admit you have come a massive way since I bought your game at the first opportunity , it has gone from a high potential but dull game to fun I want more :)

Good job devs, keep it up.

Rifter and spacefarmer like this.
  2. Powershard

Powershard Ensign

I agree, CVs don't have that heavy momentum nor impact at all. Same goes with ugly illogical weapon systems that are just simply block detectors on mouseover, a bad design waiting for a heavy revamp.

Rotating platforms and pistons are automatization that does not exist in this game, I'd assume due to engine limitations(?).
    Devs have made it very clear that they do not want to "copy" good qualities from other games, such as Factorio, Pulsar, or other space games that make combat better than them. Instead they go for their own unique way of developing "new" mechanics and content that are just somewhat altered copies from elsewhere but made worse.

Logic has been long requested for, but if they don't want to add one missing block shape to the list of block shapes, don't expect them to actually listen feedback forums for "I wish for..." requests because all they do are mass polls with their own questions, then they develop those "major" things instead of bunch of nice minor things like logic or missing core components or cool features. Just my feeling about it.

Thundercraft likes this.
  3. Flare |UKCS|

Flare |UKCS| Ensign

I don't expect pistons and rotation blocks as they will add a lot to the hit box calculations as they are dynamic in nature, but would be a great addition if they could be squeezed in. Imagine being able to raise or lower weapon platforms for combat, or retract landing gear when in flight, etc etc etc.

I want conditional logic so I can check the status of objects and enemies, like if 02 tank is < x then activate red light warning for example, or get a weapons attack state and bearing so you could say if Weapon is firing AND bearing is < X and > Y then activate Light West Red.
    It would also be nice to change the state of equipment with logic, for example switching a green light to red on certain conditions.

I am getting greedy for more as I am enjoying creating stuff, just want that little bit more :p

geostar1024 likes this.
  4. Andipro

Andipro Lieutenant

Love this game and what Devs has done especially in Alpha 8 and esppecialy the randon scenario generator. But still waiting for multiple starsystems!

spacefarmer likes this.
  5. Romongerr

Romongerr Ensign

Hello, played back in alpha 5 thru 6 into 7. 8 killed my saved game (no biggy). I started a new 8 run. Boy has it changed.! As always balancing is always a double edge sword. Here are some thoughts
    1) Melee (can't even kick or punch?! a knife would be awesome)
    2) Better "movement?" add crouch & prone (lying down)
    3) Escape Pod should be salvageable! (Asks "Do you stay to use it as storage or scrap it down & move out?")
    4) Primitive building parts (no need for core) things like a wooden fence or simple hut?
    5) Drilling exp (we do A Lot of drilling we should get a little exp for doing it, a small amount would be nice)
    6) "Hand Held" Ore Scanner, (the visor looking one) would be great if it pointed out surface ore!
    a) Should it part of you Helmet's HUD? "if it's part of your HUD no need to have Drill out?"
    b) Should it be part of the drill(s) ? Used as a component to make drill(s)? "need to have Drill out?"
    Otherwise it's just yet another item(s) tieing up inventory slot(s)! Maybe there will be a slot once you put on some armor much like the armor boost slots? Ore scanner/night vision goggles slot? That would be cool.

Thundercraft likes this.
  6. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Or just give SV and CV RCS the same torque/volume output and power input/volume; that would largely take care of things.

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

This is a good idea.

Thundercraft and Germanicus like this.