Road to Alpha 8: Development Update III

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.P. Strangelove

I'm wondering if this console will have some sort of functionality attached to it - repair to blueprint perhaps?

2. wildboy

wildboy Commander

so now home and looking @ it a little bigger , for ppl hate f. book :rolleyes:
    also like the hint on the right side, so lets start some discussion, what you think this is

Did they not mention repair to blueprint
    console.png

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. Syrus

Syrus Captain

I don't think this forum is the right place for 2nd amendment arguments.... or suggesting people should die!

Sofianinho, Cleff, Kilndown and 4 others like this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

There are dozens of places to discuss politics. There is one place to discuss EGS. Leave the politics at the door - period.

Sofianinho, Cleff, Kilndown and 7 others like this.
  5. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Commander

Ty sir I am with you 100% on this!

6. wildboy

wildboy Commander

Ok ppl back on topic...of this cool game ;)

This is a massive update , and think we still need to see more . Have the feeling we are almost there ..maybe just a week or 2 before exp version

7. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Your right
    Sometimes I have “feelings”
    Must be rubbing off on me
    I’m sorry

8. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Yeah I feel for you..
    When I retired from the service I locked up a handbook and started dabbling.
    I’m glad I did it opened up a whole new world of computing for me

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

As opposed to what? That's the only thing they've been working on almost exclusively for almost the last 2 years. The last time they implemented anything for pvp was OLP 2 years ago and the last time something for multiplayer functionality was adding faction alliances and that was back in 5.0 I think. Sure they have done bug fixes and optimizations since then, but they could at least attempt to pay some minor lip service every once in a while to the rest of the crowd content wise.

10. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

What is a 'hint', I don't see anything... symmetrical base with some elevators, no new textures... :)
    If you are talking about new font, we have it already on forum in full glory thanks to one sloppy insider & mod... or IS HE really sloppy, or is he... :D

Frakbook is fraking frak, I quit that frak last fraking year - no politics or 'hacking ruskies', it's just unusable everchanging FRAK full of CRAP :mad:
    ... and I'm using Adblock like forever, so 90% of actual frakbook 'push-up' crap I didn't never even saw in my feed... frakbook crapbook... sorry frakbook lovers :rolleyes: ... btw, 'they' are now destroying Youtube very successfully, I can't click on anything anymore - 'they' are pushing so much crap on my screen after only ONE 'wrong' click... couldn't get free from fracking ASMR videos for month or two after I clicked on some strange pretty girl (and I didnt even know what's ASMP was)... We need Zirax fleet in RL to set us free :oops:

(sorry for rant, but Devs are to blame - no new updates & blogs :cool:)

ion_storm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. wildboy

wildboy Commander

lol , maybe the text on the right side of the picture
    >>

Yet another console? [​IMG]
    ____
    Alpha 8.0 Work-in-Progress.

Also weird place for a regular console like this ..middle of the hanger and the HV on the repair block.
    So i think you need this "console" to repair to blueprint .... and it is not a console but some kind of constructor you have to drop the materials in to get your hv/sv back to original ... :eek: way to easy if not.

12. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Yup, good catch - and I did think that 'Yet another console?' sounded a bit weird :D

... I didn't notice repair block, too much ranting blinded me :oops:

Tyrax Lightning and wildboy like this.
  13. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

I hear that plaid is in :)

14. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Well, the ship on top of the block also seems kind of.. damaged. And the pictures on the console's display look somewhat like ship schematics. Or maybe.. blueprints? :cool:

Of course all of that still doesn't say much. But if "repair to blueprint" is to be implemented, we'll need some way to input the relevant blueprint. It could be made a function of repair block itself - and probably would work most naturally like that, given that with config file change it's possible to allow multiple repair blocks per structure.

On the other hand interacting with repair block might often be difficult (other than through control panel), since normally you'd have to first land a ship to the block, and then initiate the repair (with matching blueprint), so having a console that could take care of that might work well. However if that were the case, I hope the system would be able to handle multiple repair blocks, with different blueprint to each.

It would also need to somehow prevent the old blueprint remaining active on the block - so that when one ship has been repaired and moved away, the next damaged ship that arrives won't get butchered to match the BP meant for the previous ship. The most simple solution would probably be to make the R2BP a "one shot" thing - that is, when a ship lands on the block, only the damaged (and not destroyed) blocks will be fixed.. and the actual R2BP needs to be separately activated to fix the ship to match the BP.

This could get a bit tedious in long run though, especially in case you do have multiple repair blocks. In last save I was playing, I had 6 repair blocks on CV I think so all the SV/HV docked to the ship had a block on their hangar spot. It would be nice if this kind of arrangement was possible - so that ships could have dedicated locations on the structure (CV or BA), and a repair block on that location that would know how to not only fix the damaged blocks, but also automatically replace the missing ones.

Possible solution would be to let the block "remember" the last BP, and automatically fix the ship based on it - if this could be accomplished without needing to remove any blocks.. in other words, what's left of the ship would match the BP that was set for the block. It should be simple enough to add a checkbox to the block to enable "automatically repair to BP" - so this functionality could be switched off (and probably it should default to off).

15. woowoo

woowoo Commander

repair to blueprint

wildboy and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. IronCartographer

Can't remember where it was mentioned, but I think the solution they are/were going to use was "snapshots" instead of using blueprints. The vessel itself stores the snapshot of the state to be repaired to.

Now, granted, that would prevent upgrading to a different blueprint...you'd have to modify the ship in-game and create a new snapshot rather than importing and applying a blueprint from Creative. But it would be understandably simpler to implement. Park the ship on the repair bay and it takes care of remembering the design to use.

We can hope for a more advanced system, but that simplification wouldn't surprise me either. We'll see when they post about it... :)

17. Alandauron

Alandauron Lieutenant

As long as you have to manually update the snapshot this would work fine, if it auto-updates the snapshot this could go very wrong very quickly.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It would be hilarious if it restored a snapshot of your vessel from the last time you brought it in shot to pieces. :D

19. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Sounds good to me, given that it's been the solution I've been lobbying for, like, forever. :eek: Well, at least one implementation of it.. but guess we'll see how it turns out. Upgrading/rebuilding to different blueprint could simply be implemented as a separate functionality later on.

Actually I think it's the opposite. If you have to manually update it, it can go very wrong very fast - you forget to do the update, and next time you park your ship on top of repair block, the block will merrily dismantle your work for you.

On the other hand if it simply updates the internal state based on the modifications you make to the ship yourself.. then I can't see how that would go wrong. Like, if you remove two blocks and replace them with a cargo box... what are the chances that the next time you park on repair station you want that cargo box gone, and the two blocks back in it's place? I mean seriously, it's the exact thing everyone does right now when building ships - adding and removing blocks. It's no different. The state is changed every time that happens, and the only difference would be that if a block is destroyed by damage, the ship "remembers" it, and repair bay can restore it.

Obviously it couldn't update it arbitrarily when ship takes damage or the like... rather simply updating any blocks that you manually remove or add. This would require a change to the building interface too, though (to be able to delete a destroyed block you no longer want to restore).

20. Thivik

Thivik Commander

I would love to discuss politics as it relates the Zirax. I would love to discuss gun control, specially the possibility of bullets not always hitting where the cross hairs are, or the gun causing random kick
    I would be easy enough to only update when you are placing/rotating blocks

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.