Fixed Rotated BA break heat/radiation Repost [6561]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Inappropriate, Jul 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

As requested in my earlier bug report I have retested and re-reported to confirm that the bug is still present on the latest experimental patch. Tested with the same blueprint as before but in a new save. Please ignore the version number in the first screenshot as it was copied directly from the other bug thread.

Mode: Creative, Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Temperature,Radiation

Summary: Rotated BA break heat/radiation.

Description: Bases built so that their local Y axis (gravity gen orientation) does not correspond to the global Y axis cause issues with heat/radiation zones being improperly placed. This is particularly visible when devices that produce heat/radiation are place under the floor.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Place a BA starter block in an orbit playfield.
    2. Build an air tight room with a ventilator and o2 tank.
    3. Fill the o2 tank.
    4. Place gravity generator on the outside of one of the wall and rotate it so that wall becomes the 'floor' when the gravity generator is powered.
    5. Place fuel tanks (fill them with fuel!) and generators on the outside of the room
    6. Power the base and ensure that all devices are powered and producing heat/radiation.
    7. Move around inside the base and note the erratic rise and fall of heat/radiation.

I have also uploaded a save file showing the problem. Just load it up and walk around the small room that you start in. Also note how heat/radiation display rises and falls erratically as you move, even in areas that one would expect it to be constant if the colliders were just misplaced.

This screen shot shows were the various devices are located under the 'floor' in the save file I uploaded.
    \ = generator
    # = core
    X = fuel tank
    ! = gravity gen (top side)
    [​IMG]

An overview of my test structure:
    HeatTeast_2019-07-07_14-06-19.jpg

Screenshots of moving over top of where the generator is:
    HeatTeast_2019-07-07_14-03-56.jpg HeatTeast_2019-07-07_14-04-07.jpg HeatTeast_2019-07-07_14-03-27.jpg

Notice how in the first pic, with the character in the middle of the two blocks, the temp is normal but in the pics with the character directly over the generator, heat is "bleeding through" the floor.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks I'll take a look.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A possible fix will be ready in the next exp update shortly.

4. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Cool. I still have my test save so I will be sure to retest and re-report if its still an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.