Fixed Save game progression not maintained

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Aregnar, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Aregnar

Aregnar Ensign

Description: I am playing on a dedicated server hosted through GTX Gaming. I logged out and shut down the server to change the following settings:
    AntiGriefDistancePvE: 30
    AntiGriefDistancePvP: 300
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 30
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE

I changed them to: "0, 0, 0, All" respectively. I started the server, then while it was launching I stopped it in order to take a backup. Upon starting again, I was able to play normally and continue building. However, when I tried to place and interact with a new device (Advanced Constructor), I was unable to. I relogged and when I returned I had lost 2-4 hours of building and placing objects, all of which had disappeared, though 2 small vehicles which I had spawned persisted.
    Another player on my server logged in, and they could not see any blocks which I placed nor could they observe me removing blocks from the world. Likewise, I could not see any that they were placing. After placing some blocks and relogging, they were gone and the server was again set to the same place as the first time I lost progress.
    The backup which I had taken after changing the settings was also broken in this same way.

Reproducibility: I was able to roll back to an earlier backup from the day before, which did work as intended. However, I began playing with these settings to discover if changing them had caused the issue. Unfortunately, I did this unscientifically and changed more than one variable. After changing settings and launching, I confirmed that the server had indeed been broken again and would no longer save progress.
    I reloaded the backup once again, confirmed that it still worked, then altered the settings one by one. Unfortunately, I was only able to do this once or twice before needing to take a break, and when I returned my automatic backups (which only maintain the 3 most recent backups) had already executed, and I lost access to the working backup, leaving me with 3 broken backups and a broken server. To my best recollection, I believe changing AntiGriefOresZone and AntiGriefOresDistance on an existing save both resulted in broken game saves.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Aregnar, thanks for the save game the described issues will be looked at. I'll try to update here again to you as soon as we can look at this.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    This is fixed by removing this flag form the gameoptions.yaml in the save game:

IsManagedScenario: true

Germanicus likes this.