Save the Date: Release Date of Alpha 10 (June 17, 2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

After four major Experimental releases during the last four weeks, we are very excited to reveal the planned date for the upcoming public release of Alpha 10:

June 17, 2019

Thank you so much for all the valuable feedback and bug reports during this intense Experimental phase.

For the remaining days until June 17, we will continue to work on polishing features and squashing more bugs.

Empyrion Dev Team

2. webmaster Arcus Kogamiyta

I can not wait, and i was now testing the server. So i go to help RC version to get better ;-)

3. elmo

elmo Captain

I was so looking forward to A10. Some new things added are great. Been playing several new game starts in A10 and the feature we were most looking forward to was base attacks.. Never happened. Not one single base attack, even expanding our base and attacking their bases and still no attacks. so very disappointed in that feature.. Other thing is the haze on the lights, as a long time player I find this new addition very annoying.

mizterbien101, TK85, malrose1 and 2 others like this.
  4. cpontin

cpontin Commander

I’ve had two issues with the RC. I haven’t managed to replicate them consistently yet so haven’t logged them.

1) whilst colouring a block with mirroring I had a blue screen and it corrupted the save

2) while using cut/copy/paste, often I’m no longer able to select any more and it requires a full client restart to fix.

This seems to be linked to initial pasting but not committing.

mizterbien101 likes this.
  5. XYZ

XYZ Lieutenant

I can't wait.jpg

6. webmaster Arcus Kogamiyta

Very strange you had much bad luck. 2 coop ssrver we had base attacks on all 6 bases. Even with invisble drones. Very strong ;-) enemey. I like too loot the trooptransport drones so i hope the will come a lot. Only thing, not much time to run ouside to counter attach them.

elmo likes this.
  7. ltluis1603

ltluis1603 Ensign

If I have a game save in the last experimental. Its work in the alpha public 10?

Thanks for your work

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That's a real shame. I am sorry for you(two).
    May I suggest that you next time DO NOT tell the Zirax about...;)

9. Gromit

Gromit Captain

This is the experience I'm having with it too. If I do get an attack, it's utterly pathetic.

medicineman, malrose1 and elmo like this.
  10. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

11. Wayson

Wayson Commander

I have to say that, from the very first launch of EGS, up to the present, with the June 17, 2019 upcoming public release of Alpha 10. That Eleon Studios has constantly and continually "surpassed" all of my expectations with regard to their ever increasing content additions and with their ability to "Listen" to their Player Base! Thank you Eleon, for all that you guys and gals do!

Kasero, jmtc, TK85 and 5 others like this.
  12. stubert812

stubert812 Lieutenant

Hi just about the lights not sure it's me but I find setting them to spot light and as wide as you can takes away a good bit of the haze . Of course if it is the spotlights on the vessel's not much you can do.

elmo likes this.
  13. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Meanwhile, how can I opt out of the terrible version you have delivered now which wrecks the game? BESIDES going off experimental. That would revert way to much stuff and ruin my game as well.

14. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Yeah.. this is kind of my concern too... Basically eleon at this point you are claiming features exist in your game when they actually don't.

Gromit and elmo like this.
  15. elmo

elmo Captain

It's the haze from the lights on my HV tank that I use for taking on bases. Didn't have any bother before they changed the lights.. I even tried removing some lights and replacing others in different places but still getting really bad haze.. Just have to live with it if they don't change it or stop playing because it is spoiling the game for me. Played over 4500 hours in game and never had many problems until now.

16. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

That is how you opt out. Experimental isn't for long term games and you are expected to start a new game for experimental testing and reporting (in most cases).

Even if you could pick and choose every version to downgrade to, there is still a extremely high chance that the save would become corrupt and not be playable anyways (usually the case when rolling back versions).

17. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

Having "bloom" turned on in settings, sometimes makes my lights a bit "hazy".

elmo likes this.
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've run into the second bug a few times but haven't been able to reliably duplicate it.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Used to have that happen all the time during alpha 8 and 9, but haven't had it happen in alpha 10 yet.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  20. medicineman

medicineman Captain

What makes the most sense to me is being able to opt out of the newest experimental content. I want to work with the new content but not the NEWEST content. Eleon's quality control just isn't good enough for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.