Save the Date: Release Date of Alpha 10 (June 17, 2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

People have already told you the solution. Opt out of the experimental branch. I understand you don't like that idea but that honestly is the solution. The devs are unlikely to support multiple versions of the experimental branch because they need everyone who is opted in to play on the latest version so they can find bugs and provide feedback.

You can also turn off temperate/oxygen consumption in your save game's difficulty settings in the meantime until they get the pressurization bug fixed. There are multiple solutions to your problem and while they may not be the one that you want, they are there to use if you want.

2. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I'm not trying to reach you for your opinion yet again. I've heard it and I'm not interested.

I am trying to communicate with the developers of the game now if you'd please mind your own business.

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

You are free to communicate, but please understand that every single thing that @ravien_ff just said has already been said MULTIPLE times by the people in charge over the years.

There are very good reasons on why there aren't multiple versions of the experimental branch available.
    Feel free to wait for an answer from an official, but I can guarantee it will sound pretty similar.

PS. If you don't want public answers then don't use the public medium of communication.
    If you click on someones name you can initiate a private conversation with them. In that private communication you can tag other people. This way you will only get responses from the people you want.
    Everyone IS trying to be helpful to you as far as I can tell.

4. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I just don't want people to keep repeating the same answer over and over again. I've heard this same story from like 9 people now. At this point I'm feeling kind of mobbed.

This has been debated. We don't need to debate it anymore.

And at the last I would just like to say that if the devs hadn't screwed up the release of this latest update so badly I would be playing right now and not on the forums. That is another point that indicates a stable fork might have been a good idea. Complaining annoyed customers is never good for business.

So whatever gains they think they are making by not having a stable XP branch, they are also taking some hits and losses especially because of their terrible quality control at least for this particular update.

Oh because I will obviously have to repeat this again. I just want to say that I wouldn't be interested in playing the non experimental branch at all. There is nothing for me there. I'm here for the base attacks in alpha 10. That is why I dusted this game off in the first place. Something that I have yet to experience by the way!!! After several days of playing PRIOR to this broken terrible update.

5. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

If you like the answer or not is of no concern. It is the only answer you will ever get from anyone. please register and stop askin, please.

Yes, of course many things are debatable, and that is it what we do in the forums all the time.
    Of course you can express your wishes, even in quite demanding form.
    But answering a question means, describing things as they are. Thats mostly not debatable, and for sure not by asking the same question again and again and in between insulting the people who answer.

Regarding your wish:
    You dont want to play the public alpha branch, because it has nothing new.
    You dont want to play the experimental branch, because things are not ready.
    You want the devs supporting a stable experimental branch of a game in alpha stadium. ????? Thats absurd, and if you think second, you know that by yourself.

6. Supay

Supay Commander

Your on a public forum trying to have a private conversation with the devs?
    This a PUBLIC FORUM in which NOTHING is private.
    There are however private means as followed.
    -Use discord and try catch them on and send them a PM
    -Email them with your question/request
    -There is a Q&A on discord you can submit you request there also
    -They have a facebook and you can PM there also
    Don't get mad because you misunderstood the point of a public forum and expect people to go against the general understanding to make you a special case.

Your also expecting a "EXPERIMENTAL ALPHA" to run without bugs and because you encounter bugs(Pretty common in "EXPERIMENTAL") you want the devs to create you a very special branch for you??

Another thing, what hits are they taking?
    As far as a EA games goes, Eleon is one of the very few who listens and tries to accommodate their player base on top of hammering out bugs.
    Buying a EA game, you sign up for this unless you're unaware of how Early Access works?

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I just want to say this forum has people from all over the world, many who speak English as a 2nd or 3rd language. There is no use being nit picky over spelling or grammar.

8. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

Well I hope they pull it off, this is the most bugged exp version I can remember ( and I have been around since the only enemy was towers and drones ) least the game does not crash completely and some of the bugs are a challenge. Oh and while I am here I have wiped out almost all Zirax on my planet and my base remains unmolested, strange what are they thinking.

9. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

It is the way how you try to "communicate" what makes other people tell their opinions to you.

You make demands for stability and more quality control. Ignoring the fact that you paid (without someone forcing you) to help rasing money for a game in development. And i bet you have many hours of gameplay, so i just guess you already got your moneys worth. The otherthing is that you see a lack of quality control, i see a lack of information on your side. You do know that Eleon is a small team of 5 (plus freelancers)? I could only guess but i think they pretty much see mostly the code and not the actual gameplay in game, of their own game i want to add. That is why they rely on testers (us players) and their feedback. Especially on experimental.

Sure they could answer every single poster and wasting time which is better spend on coding, programming and bugsmashing. Or they could make a patch for every little bug that bothers single ennoyed players. In that case the game might be finished in the year 2085... or never.
    OR they can communicate that they are aware and working on it and then bring the fix in the next update or the next after that. Making sure they fix a lot of bugs without introducing any new one.

Yes the game might be unstable and is having bugs, even major gamebreaking bugs. That is what early access and Alpha state means.
    For everyone asking for a finished product i have a small advise: step back, come back later when the release version is announced. It might be better for your health too.

How do they say? "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen". So if you can't stand bugs and crashes, stay away from early access titles.

10. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Moving on from the medicineman dogpile...

elmo and RazzleWin like this.
  11. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    @medicineman

I advice you to take a look at our "Community Rules" Link can be found below my message.

You are getting on a thin line here

12. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Yup here we go. Classic game development. Piss off your customer and then blame them for reacting to it. Nice.

13. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

I'm still having problems with balancing a HV. I make a HV that's symmetrical in design, cargo extensions are balanced on left and right sides, yet the game still wants to flip my HV in all directions the moment I put large load of stuff in cargo. I look at the center of gravity and it's off set to the right for some bizarre reason. I try to offset it with more block on the opposite side, using counter weight blocks.. does nothing. So I'm left stranded in some hostile area I was mining at but my stupid HV cant haul anything. It's like i need to be level 20 to build a beast HV to use it for hauling ore and loot, but this is EARLY game stuff (under 10) where HVs are still useless for moving ore and loot. Why is this still a problem?

I'm getting really sick and tired of this STUPID and extremely frustrating "feature" of HV weight balance when W&M is enabled. Any 5 yearold can understand balance, why can this F**ing game?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  14. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Yeah. When the elephant smashes the porcelain, the shopkeeper is blamed.
    Play Your games elsewhere. Go away.

Monde, Arrclyde, _VickTor_ and 2 others like this.
  15. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

I am nearly sure you know of the game mechanics, and i am a bit shy of asking, but nevertheless: Are the cargo extensions connected to the same controller, or are they two seperate storage units?
    Its because i do encounter problems like this only in the second case; just yesterday i reactivated a miningHV buildt in alpha9 with two seperate slots for ore. Upon filling they up, my HV got a bad list, because the game did not distribute the ore evenly between the two controllers. I barely got home...
    With my modern designs, where i care to have only one controler per type and to arrange the extensions symmetric to the CoM i dont have problems like that. (Sorry - i know statements like this are usually not helpfull at all. I just feel the need to explain why i suggest the obvious.)

Arrclyde and stanley bourdon like this.
  16. WHM DaddyStu

WHM DaddyStu Lieutenant

Well if you killed them all there'll be none left to molest you, should you wish such an event to come to fruition.

Gaz likes this.
  17. Wayson

Wayson Commander

I have no issues with it!

18. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

if you use steam you can use an older relies of the game. its under bates. as for Alpha 10 I have had a lot fewer problems then with even some of the past stable builds and its till experimental

19. webmaster Arcus Kogamiyta

It is 17 june , time eta?

Wayson likes this.
  20. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    It will be released when we feel like we can

Patience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.