Save the Date: Release Date of Alpha 6.0 (June 7, 2017)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenosteel

Xenosteel Ensign

I have been waiting for a long time. I never even tried the experimental versions just to avoid spoiling the adventures.

Welp, time to see how many days of annual leave I have stored.

(Proceeds to squeal like a 9 yo girl)

Marty likes this.
  2. Mark74

Mark74 Ensign

Great Job, Great Dev...........thank all of you for make this game more Big and more wonderful.........i hope one day to see in game the movement and animation for make great Mech and Robot.........

3. GTv

GTv Captain

I don't care for cartoon shows personally. Never got into them.

4. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

I agree that weapon kits and durability are both hard pills to swallow--and there will be whining and hating splashed all over this forum and the Steam one especially. However, when/if they can stop comparing their new gaming experiences in 6.0 to their 5.0 days, they might feel acceptance (if like can never be) of these mechanics when their adventure proceeds. The new POI regenerating feature makes obtaining weapon kits, weapons, boosters and armour a lot easier.

Just look at it like, "I lost some toys--but I won new toys!"

rainyday likes this.
  5. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Commander

This is going to be an amazing release!!!

6. Jananton

Jananton Ensign

Well, that's a very impressive trailer. Can't wait to dive in myself. :D

Greets,

Jan

Starwing6 likes this.
  7. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Commander

Simply amazing work Eleon, sit back and take it all in, you deserve it. Thank you so much for making this game the best it can be, for ALL of us.

8. macrogramz

macrogramz Ensign

** Chat option to minimize, close, shrink. Anything but ruining MP immersion as is now.
    ** Chat - allow client to remove chat from HUD for fuck's sake.
    two things I would love to see in off.6.0 -- they are the same thing.

Iluminator and mR_kAt like this.
  9. TiwBras

TiwBras Commander

i never saw a developer team like you guys!! you totaly deserves everything good!! we THANK YOU!! s2

10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I don't know, even without comparing 6.0 to 5.x, the weapon kits and durability are still bad systems. Durability at least isn't as atrocious as it was at the first release and has a good chance of becoming a decent mechanic, but weapon kits are still just as bad. Weapon kits for alien weapons? Sure. For human weapons? Makes no sense; no depth is added to the game, only grind.

Sigh. If Eleon is having trouble coming up with well-formed mechanics, I know an entire forum of enthusiastic players who love to design systems. . . .

Gromit and mR_kAt like this.
  11. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

My major worry is that many players will leave due to this. Heck even my wife doesn't want me to update her PC to the newest release when it comes out and just play the older version.

In addition, this build (I assume since it includes a trailer) will be the one that will be reviewed by several online gaming magazines. If the current farming bugs aren't fixed by then, I don't assume the reviews will be very stellar. I also don't expect the weapon kit system to be seen as a step forward as well.

It's just bad business to ignore your playerbase on something like this (multi-player will suffer as well). Word of mouth spreads fast and when this hits steam, expect a firestorm for those who are not patient to wait for them to change their minds and balance the new system.

Edit: Kudos to the developers, they just allowed players to turn off the durability system via .yaml files. This is a HUGE step is the right direction as it allows server admins and players the choice to have the "feature" on or off... now if only something similar could be done for the weapon kits. For now, I guess you could give every escape pod a weapon kit for all of the 20th century weapons (including the non-homing version of the rocket launcher)... that really helps when trying to assault an alien POI on foot in single player games. The same could be done for multi-player... I just give every escape pod raw plastic to by-pass the farming grow plot problem.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  12. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

A question to any user here, I know it is possible to keep the old version (5.x) and still play it with steam. I already backed up the files for my wife, however, after doing so, how do you launch the game with the old version intact? I have the settings on her PC not to update unless the game is launched. My question is this... how do you play the old version IF the game will update when you launch the game? Could someone walk me through the process or tell me via a PM? That way I could set up a guide for those who don't wish to convert yet.

13. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Just make direct shortcut to EMPIRION.EXE and to EACLAUNCHER.EXE in your Alpha 5 copied folder... nothing more!
    Second is for starting with EAC, of course :)
    Before running this 'older' game, just start your Steam as usual and then play offline or online, solo or multiplayer.

(i don't know how do you setup and run ded.server for this copied older game, but it is probably something similar)

mR_kAt likes this.
  14. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Thank you so much for the help! :)

15. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

@CxpoH - english skill or no english skill your picture and problem is from alpha 5.5.1!

They DID work on "lag shot" problem in Alpha 6, we even had a 'big bug' from that at one point - so wait for Alpha 6 official and then test again.

16. CxpoH

CxpoH Ensign

last experimental branch 6th version (yesterday) - bug still there

and so if this bug will be exists in release 6th? we will be waiting alpha 7 to fix it?

17. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
  18. Seorn

Seorn Ensign

That Star Gate tho...XD

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So close you can lick it !

20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well its June the 7th here today in Australia on the sunny Queensland coast !

So the update going live should be just hours away for the EU and US now as we are , I dunno half a day ahead on the time thingy me jiggy here in Ozstraya.

Gunna be a Steam rush and download lagout probly ! LOL !

I have a pitchfork from the dark side ! See yall ingame hehehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.