Save the Date: Release Date of Alpha 7.0 (October 19, 2017)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 13, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Today, we are very excited to announce the release date for Alpha 7.0:

October 19, 2017

Thank you so much for all the valuable feedback and bug reports during this Experimental phase. Alpha 7.0 would not have been possible without you!

Until October 19, we will continue to work on the final touches and bugs. You can expect at least two more releases until public release. On Sunday Oct 15, we plan to release the Release Candidate 1 in which all playfields will be finalized so that all server admins and scenario creators can copy over the new playfields in preparation for the public release on Oct 19, 2017.

Last but not least, we are very happy to reveal the launch trailer for Alpha 7.0:

Yours,

Empyrion Dev Team

2. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

Very nice. Good luck for update this version without problem/conflict.

3. DeeExpus

DeeExpus Ensign

Wow. Incredible trailer! Best of luck guys, looking forward to it

Repier, rucky, stimdealer0001 and 2 others like this.
  4. eLLe

eLLe Commander

There is a chance that both versions of Akua are in the final version ? How was before temperate and temperate 2. The new was great but the previous one was great too. It would be great if every planet had two versions that would increase the diversity of the universe.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    TK85, binhthuy71 and Chris98 like this.
  5. Dark_Star

Dark_Star Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Annoying

Type: Global

Summary: Large,

Plants die too quickly in base if you accidental turn off power to base instead of SV which is either next to base or on/in base

6. Wayfinder

Wayfinder Ensign

Wow nice trailer :D...ok back to game.

Chris98 likes this.
  7. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

I just love that trailer, such a leap forward in polish and presentation to anything that has preceded. Like the voice over actor especially, is he one of the regular team? Really ads to the atmospherics. Well done! Looking forward to 7.0 public release :)

Captain Jack II and Chris98 like this.
  8. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
  9. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Lieutenant

Les lags seront livrés avec ???

10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

[Google translate.]
    Je suis confiant que les délais seront fixés d'ici là. Il y a déjà beaucoup de rapports.

11. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent!

12. Cleff

Cleff Commander

Amazing trailer, I was actually quite impressed at the level of quality in it!

I just hope someday those effects will make it in the game (slight screen blurring and shaking during combat visible in the trailer) and that eventually, probably in beta, that the character animations for walking etc. will get an overhaul. Regardless, the hype is building!

Crewsk8200 likes this.
  13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WOW THAT TRAILER WAS AWESOME.!!! I love the No Man's Sky jab . haha Well done devs. This game continues to get better.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well to be fair we're talking about only one solar system. Empryion is going to have multiple solar systems. Hummel was thinking it could happen by the end of this year and if not then I guess next year . So pretty soon we will have all the Diversity we can handle planets wise.

eLLe likes this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Hey umm not to be picky but will some of those sound effects make it in to the game ? I heard some laser sound effects in there that I've never heard in game before. I noticed the screen shaking during the ship combat that would be awesome to add to the game as well.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  16. demolish50

demolish50 Commander

"Release Candidate 1 in which all playfields will be finalized so that all server admins and scenario creators can copy over the new playfields in preparation for the public release on Oct 19, 2017."

Thanks for telling us. No more guessing.

17. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Captain

I was thinking how misleading the trailer was considering those effects aren't actually in the game. There's also a part that sounds like you have to defend from alien attacks, but really they were just killing random mobs on a planet.

18. The Tactician[ Λ ]

that trailer was off the chain

banksman45 likes this.
  19. eLLe

eLLe Commander

The only two things that would represent perfection for me are multi solar system and docking HV => SV.
    But I would like all forms regardless of whether they are the same glass or cubes. I would like to add many more to make even more complex and natural forms.

Eleon, thanks for the hours spent in the creative mode of the game. Light music in the background and hours spent in creating good objects. Definitely the best game I've ever played since the release of the first Commodore 64 to date.

banksman45, old_guy and binhthuy71 like this.
  20. Ankios

Ankios Lieutenant

"In an infinite Galaxy"

That's how the trailer starts...

Does it mean we will get to go to other solar systems after the public release?

I wish for real NPCs. But being able to go to other solar systems is the real deal in this game!

And I'm thinking: all the main planets in our initial solar system are now fixed, not randomnly generated anymore. But you said that it didn't go away.

All of this either sounds like clues for this release (!!! :p ) or people might get very disappointed after this trailer.

Don't get me wrong: it is a great trailer AND a great game (I'm closing in on the 1,000 hours in game!!!) but if we don't get either other solar systems and a real threat from the aliens with the public version of 7.0, your trailer will be considered as misleading as it would advertise what is in the game without saying it is the plan for the future but is not available right now.

Keep up the good work guys! But never forget that with No Man's Sky, the game nearly died not because it was a bad game. It nearly died because of false advertising.