Save the Date: Release Date of Closed Alpha (June 26, 2015)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone!

After the closing of our pre-order shop, we are now excited to announce the release date of the Closed Alpha:

June 26, 2015

We have processed the database of our pre-orders and we have sent an email to everybody who has pre-ordered the game (if you have pre-ordered the game and did not receive an email please contact us: info[at]eleon-studios.com).

Currently, we are conducting a private playtest with around 15 selected testers in order to polish the game for the Closed Alpha release.

If you have successfully participated in the Invite-a-Friend program in fall 2014 and you are interested in participating in the Closed Alpha, please contact us.

Please find more information about the Closed Alpha below (note that some of this has already been posted in an earlier update):

What is a Closed Alpha?
    A Closed Alpha is a very important step in game development. By participating in the Closed Alpha, you will be able to test the Alpha version of Empyrion to identify any problems or rough edges and help us balance the game. It gives you a chance to not only be the first to play-test a long-awaited game, but also to influence its development. Moreover, we will get an opportunity to receive important feedback that will make Empyrion even better.

How long does the Closed Alpha run?
    We hope to have a relatively short Closed Alpha test period of less than a month, i.e., we hope to officially launch Empyrion on Steam’s Early Access mid-July.

For what platforms will the Closed Alpha be available?
    The Closed Alpha will be for Windows PC only. You will need a 64 bit system with DirectX 11.

Can I post screenshots and videos of Empyrion during Closed Alpha?
    We did not yet decide but will inform you when we send out the download link for the Closed Alpha.

What are the next steps?
    On June 26, 2015, everybody who has pre-ordered the game will receive an email with further information and the download link for the Closed Alpha.

Disclaimer (please read):
    1. Keep in mind that the game is still in early development and the Closed Alpha version is far from being a finished game which means you should expect bugs and disruptions in service. In addition, the content of the Closed Alpha is still restricted but will be extended over time.
    2. Only participate in the Closed Alpha if you are willing to accept possible bugs and you would like to help us build a great galactic survival adventure game. Otherwise, you can also wait until a more polished version is released on Steam Early Access.
    3. Keep in mind that all release dates are subject to change in the case of unexpected events.

Thank you again for supporting Empyrion.

Eleon Game Studios

P.S. The screenshot shows you the interior of our new cockpit as a teaser.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Chris, Matt, Sepal and 12 others like this.
  2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Looks amazing. I'm looking forward to the 26th release. It sucks it got pushed back but this is how it works. You guys in my books our several months ahead then I would of ever expected.

Keep up the good work and see you all come June 26th!

3. scarfell

scarfell Ensign

Can't wait for the 26th. The new cockpit looks amazing

4. Almostpilot

Almostpilot Ensign

the cockpit is really cool, i hope you change spacecraft furnitures too.

5. Ryan Kingstone

Ryan Kingstone Lieutenant

Hype. Waiting day in and out for this.

6. OzenRay

OzenRay Commander

I set my selft to Monitoring mode awaiting key and raddy to downoad ahah cant wait ^^

7. FHG Steve

FHG Steve Lieutenant

11 days! Not too long to go!

8. OzenRay

OzenRay Commander

Read this :

We have processed the database of our pre-orders and we have sent an email to everybody who has pre-ordered the game (if you have pre-ordered the game and did not receive an email please contact us: info[at]eleon-studios.com)

I know is for how have pre-order the game but you might able to use the e-Mail to sent this question to dev and ask ^^

NickHaldon likes this.
  9. NickHaldon

NickHaldon Lieutenant

Thanks. That's a good idea!

OzenRay likes this.
  10. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Great news! I'm definitely looking forward to release day!

11. chrisb

chrisb Lieutenant

Great, yes got the email, really looking forward to the Pre Alpha testing.

'Eleon Game Studios'; You have done a great job getting it to this stage in a reasonably short time, so congrats for that. Hope this game gives you a very successful product and gets us a very good game and community.

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

*kicking everything else off my calendar schedules* :)

OzenRay likes this.
  13. rgterry49

rgterry49 Lieutenant

I haven't been chatting much in here, just reading along to see when it's coming out. I hope you guys don't think me as a prude, but i'm more interested in single player mode. I left Wurm cause i worked on my own projects and got bullied around about not joining others. When I finally joined a group, i worked 10-12 hours a days to keep up the deed for someone else. I joined to play, not have a job. My present PC is brand new. (Win 8.1 64 bit) My old one shorted out on me. lol. I will help others when i can, but, hope the game really allows single player's mode. I've been waiting since I discovered the game back in november. I pre-paid in December.

rgterry

14. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Well I bet there will be few people counting down the days now.

OzenRay likes this.
  15. Phulax

Phulax Commander

I was hoping for the game to release this week..

But Eleon was very busy, preparing Closed Alpha and even adding more features. So I get why they pushed it back, and I can live with it.
    (Can't wait for the 26th of June! :D)

16. RajkoX

RajkoX Commander

You`re delaying the game too much... middle July EA on Steam, 26. June for us early supporters... Just before 26. of June comes on EA direct concurrent game (I won`t name it). There are also few greenlighted space crafting games, waiting for a EA release. I find that Empyrion has best potential from all other games (thats why I`m writing this here), but you know, people buy what first comes out, especially when there are not many games with space crafting thematic...

NickHaldon likes this.
  17. squiddy89

squiddy89 Ensign

WOOOOOO!!!!!

18. cubanace

cubanace Ensign

Nice,love the new cockpit,2 more weeks no problem.

19. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Hardly a Delay. And it's 100% acceptable. I think the delay was justified and their working around the clock day and night and even weekends. I doubt their going to have much of a break for a long time. So you are just going to have to be patient.

20. KRP_one

KRP_one Ensign

monitors in the cockpit is dynamic's ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.