Help needed Saved Game gone

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by KnH Demonspree, Jan 13, 2022.

1. KnH Demonspree

KnH Demonspree Ensign

Hello,

I have a local co-op game running now for some time, yesterday I saved & exit my dedicated server (hosted from my own pc) today I start the game up and I clicked on resume game and boom no game to be found. I validated cache through steam nothing happened, When I go in my save game folder from empyrion my saved game is there, How do I get to see it and play it again in empyrion?

Kind regards,
    Demonspree.

2. Sounds like the game save corrupted. If so nothing you can do except revert to a backup, assuming you actually made backups from time to time....
    Since none show in the list I'm assuming you never made backup saves (or they also corrupted).
    It is HIGHLY recommended to make a backup copy of your save every 30 minutes to an hour of play (or at least once a play session, IMO).
    The game corrupts sometimes, and if it does that save is gone without a backup.

Sometimes corrupted saves still show in the list and are marked as corrupted.
    Other times the save corrupts so bad it can't even show in the list anymore. Either way the save is usually always toast.

At one point in time the devs were requesting input from people with corrupted saves so they could try to fix it, I don't think anything ever came from it though.
    Here is the link.
    They can't fix a corrupted save though, it will still be corrupted.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/corrupted-save-games-we-need-your-help.96124/