Scenario* Setup Help

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Chaoisia, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Chaoisia

Chaoisia Ensign

Hello,

I'm looking for a custom scenario* setup either premade or a really explained guide on how to make one.
    Preferably a premade one cause me not very "smrt" which thus relates that if I have to make my own I would need a Dummies Guide to Scenarios*. Might even need a Dumb and Dumber guide too.

I'm looking for a decent-sized scenario* for a couple of friends and me to play on. We like to explore and take it to those alien weirdos! Probably set up a base and explore the galaxy at will. So maybe looking for something around 8+ large planets or 10+ of varying sized planets?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sounds like you're looking for a custom scenario? (Playfields are things like planets, moons, etc. The scenario is the whole solar system).

The default survival or multiplayer scenarios usually have like 9-12 planets.
    Check out the Steam Workshop to find a lot of great custom ones. Check the filters under scenario for singleplayer or multiplayer and then you can browse them and find some that look interesting to you.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/workshop/

Keep in mind that you should only use scenarios that have been updated to work with the current version of the game (alpha 10) otherwise you might run into issues.

The Expanded Default Survival scenario linked in my signature is pretty good if you want a default game experience but with a higher number of planets to find.
    Project Eden is a huge work in progress scenario with lots of custom planets.

3. Chaoisia

Chaoisia Ensign

I haven't played too much EGS recently. I played it a bit a while back and played on some random server. It was fairly challenging and had a good amount of dangerous alien bases. So challenging and explorable with a good variety of planets. Would the default be able to fulfill this? If so then I may use the expanded version just to give us more to do.

Now that I realize that I got Scenario and Playfield mixed up then that means I posted in the wrong section.

4. cpontin

cpontin Commander

Spanj has posted a great guide on creating custom scenarios on youtube

ravien_ff likes this.